Chapter 32

I hold onto Bolin's hand tightly as we all walk through the city towards a small restaurant I found years ago. We receive looks and gasps as we walk down the road, though no one bombards us, rather they just smile and wave as we pass. 

"This is so weird." Mako mutters. 

"I know, and I thought people looked at me a lot." Korra says and I chuckle slightly as I look at my friends who walk completely overwhelmed. 

"Yeah, it is a bit much, it's not really something you get used to." I say as I let go of Bolin's hand to push open the door to the restaurant. I smile as I take in the atmosphere. This place is small and rather off the radar, but I fell in love with the food and people the moment I found it. 

"Princess Ulazu, it's good to see you again." The owner, Churo, smiles as he walks towards us. He is tall, and his large white beard swings from side to side as he reaches me. He bows his head respectfully, but I roll my eyes and pull him in for a hug. I has been close to a year since I had last seen the older man, and I feel like I have really returned home now that I'm here. 

"It's good to see you too, Churo." I smile as I draw back to look at his aged face, "is there any chance we could get a table?" I ask and he lets out a laugh. 

"Of course, it's not like we're ever struggling to seat people." He says and I smile. He guides us to a table in the corner, a large smile on his face as his eyes remain on me. I slide into my chair and Bo quickly sits next to me, Asami taking the seat on my other side and we all turn back to Churo who watches us closely. "I'll go get you a couple of menus." He says with a nod as he rushes away again. I keep my eyes on him as he leaves before turning back to my friends.

"How'd you find this place?" Asami asks as she takes in the simplistic decorations.

"My brother and I found this place before he went to work in the United Forces," I tell them with a smile as I think back to the fond memories, "Iroh would take me here every time he'd come back, sometimes we would be here so late we'd bribe Churo to let us stay longer." I say with a small laugh.

"You'd pay to stay longer?" Mako asks in amusement. I look up across the table to smile at the older firebender.

"Oh, no, never with money. Sometimes we'd wash some pots, wipe some tables," I laugh, "Once we even sang him a song."

"You know, this trip to the Fire Nation is really showing me how musical you are, Ulazu." Korra says with a large smile. I chuckle and shrug.

"I guess so." I say continuing to smile. Churo returns and hands out some menus, also giving us a large jug of water to share amongst ourselves. 

"Princess Ulazu is surprisingly good," Churo says joining in our conversation, "you should ask her to sing for you at some point. Music to my ears." He compliments. I chuckle as I grow flustered from the old man's compliment. I have never been complimented for my music before, it's usually something I would keep to myself and the thought of performing for my friends again makes me feel nervous. 

"Thank you, Churo." I mumble, praying that my face isn't as red as it feels. 

"You have to sing us something when we get back to the palace." Bolin says placing his hand on my thigh to force me to look up. I meet his grin and I begin to grow shy. I know I placed the pipa for them, but that was to express emotions that needed to be said yet I struggled to find the words. I'm not sure I can just do it for entertainment. 

"Ask, don't demand." Churo snaps and my shyness drops instantly as I turn to see his glare on Bolin. 

"Churo, it's fine," I say quickly wanting to remove the sudden hostility, "these are my friends, and this is Bolin, my fiance." I say. He continues to glare at Bolin and so I move my hand to the one Bolin rested on my thigh. We sit awkwardly for a moment as the glaring carries on, so I start to order, my friends following my lead, and when we're done, Churo turns to leave us. I sigh and squeeze Bo's hand before turning back to my friends.