Chapter 24

I sit in front of the mirror watching as Asami curls my hair. I'm sat in a simple low cut, red dress with the necklace Bolin gave me resting just above my cleavage. I hadn't taken off the dragonfly necklace off since Bo had put it on me on my birthday, and I'm glad it goes perfectly with the dress so that I don't have to take it off now. I look up in my reflection at Korra and Asami and I smile. It's been too long since I had some girl time with the two of them and it makes me feel happy. My eyes move slightly and latch onto Korra and I feel my eyebrow lift as I take in how she's looking at Asami. I have seen the two of them look at each other like this before and I can't help but smile at it. I wonder if Bolin and I used to look at one another like this. If we did it makes sense that everyone knew our feelings before we did.

"It's crazy to me that the next wedding is going to be yours and Bolin's." Asami says with a small laugh as she continues to do my hair for me. I smile widely as I carry on looking at Korra who seems to be in her own little world as she seemingly admires Asami. I wish I could go back and watch how Bolin and I used to interact. I think if I saw Bolin look at me the way Korra looks at Asami I would fall in love with him all over again.

"I know," I say and my smile falls, "though I fear that Bo is already second guessing things." Asami looks away from my hair and takes in my expression.

"What? How could you even think that?" Asami gasps. As she gasps, Korra seems to snap out of her trance and moves towards us slightly to return to the conversation.

"We told my mother and grandfather about our engagement and it was then he realised how public and how much our wedding is going to change things within the Fire Nation." I say.

"I doubt he is second guessing it." Korra says.

"There is no way he is. He is used to being in the public eye. I mean, he was a pro bender and then a mover star." Asami says and I let out a small laugh.

"I guess you're right," I say letting my smile return, "It's strange, I never would have thought for a second when I met Bolin that I would end up falling in love with him." I say as I watch the two closely, a smirk gently as I watch them aiming my words to them in a way I hope they realise. "He was my best friend, but then one day I started thinking of him in a different way. I have to admit, I was worried what you all would think. But I soon realised that no matter what my friends would support me and love me no matter what." I say.

Korra and Asami's eyes widen and I catch them stealing a looks when the other wasn't looking. My smirk deepens when I see this but I quickly replace it with a smile. I don't want them to know I know their feelings for each other, I'd rather they tell me in their own time when they're ready to admit to it.

Asami lowers the curling wand as she finishes and as she does the door opens to reveal Bolin wearing an extremely good looking suit. My eyes widen and my lips part at the sight of him and I can feel heat rush to my cheeks. He walks in and seems to have a similar reaction as he looks at me.

"Wow, Bolin, you look beautiful." I say as I stand up and walk over to him. A smile tugs at his lips as he places a hand on my waist.

"I was about to say the exact same thing about you." He says. I chuckle softly and press a quick kiss to his cheek before turning back to my friends. They have moved closer to one another almost naturally and I can't help but smile more at their actions. They'll figure it out sooner or later.

"Thank you so much for helping me. I'll see you in there." I say as I link my arm with Bo's and slowly guide him out of the room. Bolin frowns as he looks down to me, even with the high heels, he is still taller than me.

"Aren't we all going together?" Bolin questions. I quickly shush him and tug him out of the room wanting to give the two of them a moment of privacy before the event. He'll understand why I did it one day, but I'm not about to spread anything myself. I'm not one to meddle.