Chapter 2

Hey there, to anyone who may be reading this, we are just carrying on from where we left off :)

Nat's POV

I know that Y/N is a pain in the ass sometimes, but she stole my breakfast! Literally stole it! Usually I wouldn't be so pissed but I was really looking forward to having that this morning. I took Y/N's stupid plate to the sink and washed up, leaving it on the rack to dry. I then grabbed my water bottle, filled it up part way and added some ice cubes from the freezer, to keep it cooler for longer. Taking my bottle I walked downstairs and across the landing into the gym, so I could finally get some training in. I walked through the open doors and set my bottle down on the bench at the far side of the room. Y/N was over on the opposite side attempting to punch the bag, she was doing okay but would do better to keep her elbows in and arms partially bent. Her grey t- shirt was soaked through, noticing this she pulled it off over her head and left her standing  in her black leggings and sports bra.

I hung back and watched her punch for another minute or two as I admired- analysed, how she fought. We would be training against each other later and it would pay off to know her weaknesses. That was the only reason I was staring at her, I told myself. As she punched I could not help but notice the definition of her muscles as she moved. I focused myself, she was slight and if she wanted, she could use this to her advantage against a heavier opponent. Y/N had no power in her punches, if she was to survive training later she would need to know how to throw a half decent right- hook. 

Y/N's POV

I wasn't particularly angry this morning. Sure Nat had riled me a bit, but I felt guilty for eating her breakfast. It was mean. I could have at least left half the toast. I wasn't really paying attention to my boxing, I was too lost in thought. "Y/N." I whirled round, gloves raised, to see Natasha stood before me, wearing punching pads on her hands. "Can I join you?" She asked me. I didn't really have a choice, so I said "Sure." She walked off and entered the boxing ring in a fairly elegant manner. I watched her straighten up and then turn to look at me, as I had not moved from where I was stood. She beckoned me with her forefinger and I started forward. I stopped. No, I would not be commanded by Natasha, I thought to myself. I strolled over the opposite wall where the bench was and shouted to Nat, "Can I borrow some water please?" She rolled her eyes at me and said "I don't want you borrowing my water." Disappointed I asked her why not, "Because then you have to give it back, and once you swallowed it you can keep it." I shook my head, "So I can have some then?" She nodded her head curtly. God why couldn't she just give me a straight answer? I took a swig from her bottle and then rested it back down onto the bench. I jogged over to Nat who held the ropes down so that I could climb in and looked her in the eyes as I stood up. She continued to stare at me wordlessly. "What?" I asked her. Again she said nothing, but a smirk tugged at the corners of her lips. I cleared my throat and raised my gloves, she mirrored me, and I began to punch the pads on her hands. Nat adjusted her stance against my weight and basically just stood there. I was weak, I know, there was no power in my punches, and by the looks of it Nat knew too. 

Nat's POV

I lowered my hands and looked curiously at Y/N. There was something off about her today, but I just didn't know what. Not that it bothered me -  I didn't care for her. "Elbows." I said randomly. "Excuse me?" She laughed. It was a bright golden laugh that bubbled out of her, it made me want to smile, not that I did, I don't smile at much especially not at Y/N. "You need to keep your elbows tucked into your sides more, okay." I walked behind her and grabbed the back of her upper arms and put them into the correct position. There was some resistance but she let me adjust her position. When Y/N seemed comfortable with me being close, I used my own feet to widen hers. I put my left foot between Y/N's legs and used it to tap her shoes out to the sides. To do so meant I had to be rather close to Y/N, and to stop myself falling over I had to hold her waist tightly. She tensed when I did that. Noticing this I loosened my grip and she relaxed partially. "Okay good." I said stepping away from her. I walked back in front of her and raised my padded gloves again. "Go." I commanded. She did as I told her and kept her elbows tucked in, knees bent and opened up her chest. Her punches had a little more power now, though not much. That was understandable though, Y/N had very little muscle mass. "Stop." I said sharply. She looked up in shock as I broke her concentration. "You are doing better but still badly." I told her. She looked at the ground, and I realised I had sounded mean. I went to explain but thought better of it, it doesn't matter to me if Y/N thinks I am mean. I am not her milk nurse. "In training this afternoon, all your opponents will be bigger than you, seeing as you are even smaller than me." I smirked at her, it was nice to have someone smaller than me for once. "Use your petite figure, to your advantage," I told her, "Your small and so you are quick. Use that and get the first hit, go for the eyes, throat and if they are a dude, the groin. You will have a better chance of winning if you do. Oh and stay close to them so they can't use their hight advantage to kick you in the head." I stopped speaking, noticing that Y/N was just sorta staring at me funny.

Y/N's POV

"Why are you telling me all this? I thought you would have preferred to see me being flung around like a rag- doll, seeing as you hate me so much." I asked suspiciously. Nat just stared at me. "I..I don't hate you Y/N. I just don't form close relationships with people, it is easier to keep them at arms length." She didn't look me in the eyes as I spoke, "However if I am paired against you in training, I will not be going easy on you. Especially as you ate my breakfast this morning." She reminded me. I grinned sheepishly. She just rolled her eyes at me and ducked out of the boxing ring and walked out the gym without so much as a backward glance. "Bye then." I muttered, slightly disappointed she hadn't said goodbye to me. I walked back over the the punch bag and used what Nat had shown me to put a bit more force into my attacks. I was still weak, but it was better than nothing.