Chapter 20

Hey guys, something has been up with Wattpad it hasn't let me access my story to update, so I am sorry for the lack of posting. 

Y/n's POV

I gritted my teeth and set my jaw as I landed on my back...again. I rolled over and pushed myself up launching myself at Wanda. "Arghhhh!" I yelled as I kicked her in the side, sending her sprawling. She used her powers to catch herself before she crashed into the wall. "Is that all you've got?" She taunted me as she tripped me up. I crouched and swung my leg out as she took a step forward. This time she hit the floor. I stood up and stood over her, intending to make her yield but instead she grabbed my leg and yanked me down too.

"You are pathetic!" She yelled as we both stood up facing one another. She punched me. "Weak." Another punch. "Lazy." She said. I stumbled. "What does Nat even see in you?" She asked as she punched me again, this time in the face. "You are a waste of space!" She shouted as she punched me in the jaw, sending me backwards onto the mat. Unlike all the other times she had kicked me down, I stayed there. Panting heavily and glaring at her from behind the curtain of hair that had fallen in front of my eyes. "You, y/n, have no place on this team. You are useless!" She said as she used her powers to raise me off of the ground. I groaned and struggled against her powers, in vain. She laughed cruelly at my attempts to escape. "Like I said, weak." She dropped me and crashed back onto the ground. As I did a spike of pain shot through my body and I felt anger build inside of me. "You should just leave. Nobody here will miss you. Not even your pathetic girlfriend." 

That was it for me. I could take Wanda bullying me and taunting me but not Nat. She had no right to bring her into this and to insult her behind her back. 

"You know what Wanda?" I said as I pushed my protesting body back upright. "You are right. I am a waste of space. I am weak. I am pathetic and useless." With each sentence I took a step forward. "But never will you insult my girlfriend again." I raised my first, intending to punch her but saw it glowing a dark purple. I pushed the power out of me and it flung Wanda back into the wall, and pinned her there. My eyes flickered between my normal y/e/c and purple. She struggled against the force that held her there and I remembered who I was and willed myself to calm down. I don't hurt people. The purple in my eyes faded and Wanda fell to the floor after the purple dissipated. I breathed heavily and looked down at my hands. All traces of the purple had gone. 

"Are you okay?" I asked as I helped her stand up.

"Yeah, I'm alright. You are stronger than I thought though." she chuckled lightly.

I nodded, but didn't say anything. I grabbed my water bottle and chugged a load. 

"That was intense y/n but you did well." She looked at me sadly. "I'm sorry I said those things, it was the only way I could get you mad enough to unshackle your powers."

"I know, it's fine." I told her.

"You know, most people would have killed me after the 6th time I knocked them down, you are quite...resilient." She observed.

"Yeah well if I got angry every time someone insulted me or bullied me then I wouldn't stop being angry." I said as I looked her in the eye.

"I'm sorry y/n. Next time your powers should come to you easier though." Wanda explained.

"Okay. I am tired after that, seeing as I let you beat my ass for about an hour and a half. I'm having a bath and I'll be down later." I said goodbye and walked away, leaving Wanda in the training room which we had wrecked with our little fight. Tony was not going to be pleased.

                                                                          ***

Y/n's POV