Chapter 3

Y/N's POV

It was late afternoon by now, I had finished my training and I  walked back into my room to grab a clean set of clothes and to freshen up. I didn't shower as I knew I would only have to do it again later. Instead I grabbed my deodorant and sprayed. I stepped into a pair of grey sweatpants with a big comfy jumper on your torso. It was warm so I didn't bother with a t-shirt underneath. Besides no one was going to see. 

I also threw my hair into a messy bun and walked down stairs into the kitchen where Rogers was making lunch. "Oooh good." I said, as i jumped onto the counter and smelt the familiar waffle scent. "Are you making those for everyone?" I asked. "Anyone who wants some, can have some, but seeing you're here, you can set the table for those who are gonna join us." He told me. Sighing I jumped back down, washed my hands and grabbed some plates out. Laying them on the counters surface I leaned forward, "Are we training against each other later? Nat seemed to think so." Steve turned to face me, a slight frown across his face. "You've seen Nat this morning?" I nodded my head, confused at his confusion. "Yeah, she made breakfast and I went to train. I think she went on a run too." You omitted certain details. Another figure stepped into the room. "That is not exactly what happened is it, Y/N?" I rolled my eyes, annoyed she couldn't leave you alone for one day. "What Natasha?"

Nat's POV

Seems about right, Y/N never admits when she had done something wrong. Rogers just looked between the two of us as we shot daggers at the other. Breaking the silence he asked if I wanted any waffles. I smirked and said yes, because I knew this would annoy Y/N as she got less food. "I'm surprised you're still hungry." I gave Y/N a pointed look. She feigned innocence, causing Steve to ask what I meant. "She stole my breakfast this morning, using sly deception to turn my back. I'll get her back though, in training." I bit at Y/N who gulped and looked at the ground. Steve only chuckled and took the stack of waffles he had prepared and set them in the centre of the table. Steve sat down at one of the three placemats. The one sat on the other side of the table. This means I have to sit next to Y/N for at least half an hour as we ate. She seemed to realise this too and pushed her matt further away from mine as she sat down. I just laughed to myself, it was so easy to scare Y/N. She really was afraid of me, even if she pretended otherwise. She knew that I knew this, and pretended to be a cocky little shit to try and hide it. I bit back a laugh and brought my plate over to the table and started to eat.

Tony and Clint walked in about 10 minutes later, declaring that the smell of waffles had awoken them. Y/N giggled loudly at Tony's horrific joke. It was a really pretty laugh. It bubbled from deep within her and actually nearly made me smile. I checked myself. This was Y/N everything about them annoyed you. "Really Y/N how childish." I scolded her. Her face dropped as she listened to what I said. I felt a pang of guilt in my stomach which I ignored. "Honey." Her head pricked up as she looked at me with a strange expression on her face. "Pass me the honey." I clarified. A look of understand crossed Y/N's face and she passed me the honey blushing furiously. I noticed this and deliberately made our hands touch as I took it from her. Her eyes darted up to mine and her lips parted slightly, before she pulled away and turned back to her food. Interesting. I decided I was going to mess with Y/N in training. 

After lunch we all hung out in the living room, all except for Y/N, she escaped the second she could. "Leave her." I said as Bruce stood up to fetch her back. The others looked at me but said nothing. We talked for a few hours and discussed upcoming events like any Stark parties or internships we should know about. Eventually Steve stood up and said we should go and train. The others all nodded in agreement and left to put on their suits. I turned to leave but as I did Steve called out after me. "Go and get Y/N, make sure they make it there alive." Sarcasm laced his words. I held my tongue, nodded stiffly and went to my room. I changed out of my running gear and put on my suit, I made sure my Widow bite was secured properly and I had my knife sheathed to my thigh. I let my hair hang loose around my shoulders after having straightened it that morning. Walking into the hall I sighed and knocked on Y/N's door. Not hearing a reply I pushed the door open and walked in. Y/N was lying on her bed, listening to music and reading a book. In that state there was no way that she was going to hear me. I strided across the room and grabbed Y/N's book from their hands. "Hey!" She protested. "Training is in 5 minutes." I said as I disconnected her earphones from her phone. I turned around to leave. "Wait," She called after me. "What now Y/N?" I rolled my eyes. She pointed at my hand and I realised I still had her book. I sighed and walked back to her, handed the book over and walked down to the training room to meet the others.