Chapter 8

Nat's POV

Y/N had been avoiding me since yesterday. I guess it was because she came out to me, but I don't understand why she was so scared. None of us are going to view her any differently. I decided to go and find her. She was supposed to be training Peter so that's where I started looking. 

I stood leant against the doorway that lead into the gym. The two of them were in the middle of fighting and I didn't want to disturb them. Peter had improved quite a lot since I last saw him fight. Y/N was obviously a good teacher. 

Y/N's POV

I held my hand up to signal for a break. "You're doing loads better spidey." I told him.

"Thanks." He said brightly.

"We do have to work on you talking during fights though, if you wanna talk to me wait until we aren't training." I said laughing slightly.

"We aren't training right now." Peter observed.

"Yep, well done." I said sarcastically.

"So can I ask you a question?" And don't say, 'you just did.'" He said rolling his eyes.

"Hey, careful you're spending too much time with Stark, he is rubbing off on you." I joked. "Sure what's your question?" I asked, whilst taking a drink from my bottle.

"Well, it's about Nat." He began cautiously.

"Oh, okay." I sighed.

Nat's POV

When they stopped fighting I was about to go over but then Peter mentioned me. I felt like I was intruding but I also didn't want to leave, so I stayed where I was and listened. Deciding I would pretend to walk in just after they finished talking.

"Oh, okay." Y/N sighed. She seemed to have been expecting a question about me.

Y/N's POV

I looked at Peter, unsure what he was going to ask me.

"You like Nat right?" He asked.

"Yeah." I said, wondering where this was going.

"But like more than friends?" He said.

"Yes Peter." I narrowed my eyes.

"So why are you avoiding her?" He asked curiously. I sighed and sat down on the bench behind us, he did the same. 

"It's scary. I told Nat I was gay, and she was okay with it." I began.

"That's good right?" Peter interrupted.

"Yeah that is, that is really good." I agreed. "But I then had a go at her and said she was the reason I was so miserable." 

"Miserable?" He questioned.

"Yeah Peter. My time at HYDRA was not exactly a walk in the park. You know Bucky, and some of what he has been through. Well I was very similar. We received the same kind of torture and punishments but they went easier on Bucky because they needed him to go outside without drawing attention to himself with injuries or burns. They didn't care so much with me. They didn't hold back." I said quietly. "I began to believe that I deserved the pain and the punishment. So when I joined the avengers and everybody was nice to me, it was so strange. The only person I felt safe around was Nat, because she was so hostile towards me. I knew I liked her very early on and I hated that she couldn't stay in the same room as me."

"So is that what made you miserable?" Peter asked me.

"Look kid, I have been through some stuff okay. None of it very nice. I joined the avengers and everybody was good to me except the one person I actually wanted to like me. Then just as we  were getting along I ruined it all by spilling my guys to her, I can't face her right now." I shook my head.