Chapter 19

WARNING: TW- Cuts and self harm mentioned. A warning will be put where it starts and where it ends.

Y/n's POV

I rolled over to feel the space next to me cold and empty. "Nat?" I murmured, eyes still closed from sleep. Upon hearing no reply I groaned and sat up, opening my eyes slowly so they could adjust to the dim light in my room. I looked around and saw the room was empty. She must have left. I told myself. I sighed and pushed myself off of the bed before changing and wandering downstairs to the kitchen.

I walked through the doors and saw Wanda and Peter sat at the table talking. "Oh hey." Peter said smiling as he saw me. 

"Hey kid, how you doing?" I asked as I grabbed a slice of bread and put it in the toaster.

"I'm good, got a science project due in today. Kinda nervous." He admitted.

"You'll do great, I promise. Do you need extra time to work on it? I can drive you so you have more time if you want." I offered him.

"Wow really? Yeah that would be great!" He said pleased.

"Okay good, if you need help just ask. We will leave in about 45 minutes okay?" I told him.

"Sounds good." He said rushing out of the room to work on his project.

I smiled and turned back to my bread, which was now toast and applied some butter to it before spreading peanut butter on top and cutting up a banana and scattering a few blueberries on the side of my plate. I grabbed a glass of water and sat next to Wanda.

"Morning Wands." I said through a mouthful of toast.

"Morning, you seem happy." She said.

"Why do you say that?" I asked her.

"Well first of all, you started a conversation in the morning without a prompt, secondly you offered to give Peter a lift which you swore you would never do, third you are eating breakfast voluntarily and fourth you have water and not coffee." Wanda recited effortlessly.

"Wow, you really pay attention huh." I smiled. "I feel happier today so I am trying to be nice to everyone." I told her. "Do you know where Nat is? She wasn't there when I woke up this morning."

"Oh, uh her and Steve went on a mission late last night. Did she not tell you?" Wanda asked me.

"Uhmm no she failed to mention that." I said taking a bigger bite of my toast so I wouldn't have to say anything.

"Well, she should be home in a few days." Wanda tried to comfort me.

"Days?!" I muttered through my food.

"It's okay, the mission is not dangerous and she might even be home sooner than that." Wanda told me.

"How come you know so much about the mission?" I asked her curiously.

"Uhm there was a team meeting last week about it." Wanda told me confused. "I thought you knew."

"No. No I didn't." I sighed before taking a deep breath. "Whatever, it is fine. She will be fine, Steve will be fine and I will be fine. It's just a few days." I reassured myself. "Anyway I am going to go check if Peter needs any help but can we train later?" I asked the Sokovian.

"Of course, when were you thinking?" She asked as I finished my toast.

"Not sure maybe after lunch?" I asked.

"Sounds good." She agreed.

"See you then." I said putting my plate in the dishwasher and leaving to find Peter.