Chapter 18

Y/N's POV

We got back to the compound a little while later and most of the others where still training. Me and Nat decided to go up to my room and watch a movie. We were halfway through Pocahontus when Wanda knocked on our door.

"Come in." I called out as I lay in Nat's arms. Wanda walked in and smiled at the two of us, cuddled up together.

"Not a word." Nat said half seriously.

"Of course not." Wanda grinned. "I was actually going to ask if we could help each other get ready for tonight?"

"Yeah sounds good. Babe?" I asked.

"Fine by me." She smiled back. 

We spent the next 2 hours organising outfits for each other. Once we had chosen the outfits we hid them away, so that we wouldn't see them until the party. Wanda grabbed a box of face masks and grinned at me, knowing Nat wouldn't do it unless I did. I grabbed one off the top and Nat followed suit after Wanda.

We lay in my room with our face masks on, chatting and laughing as we waited to take them off. Wanda was telling us about a prank Pietro had played on her when they were younger in Sokovia. As we laughed my timer went off and we peeled the face masks off. Next we put on some music and started to braid and style each others hair. It took a lot longer than it should have done because we were so distracted by the songs.

"Oh I just can't wait to be king!!!!!" I sang dancing on the bed.

"Oh I just can't wait to be king!!!" Wanda joined me.

"Oh I just can't wait to be kiiiing!"Nat finished, outshining us with her voice.

Me and Wanda looked at her in shock. She furrowed her eyebrows in confusion as we sat back down on the bed.

"Since when could you sing like that?" I asked.

"Since always I guess, why?" Nat replied.

"Why didn't you tell us? The amount of times we have needed a soprano for the high parts in our mini concerts, you would have been perfect!" Wanda exclaimed.

"Mini concerts?" Nat asked skeptically.

"Yeah sometimes if one of us is sad or everyone is away on a mission, me, Wanda and sometimes Peter sing along to Disney songs just for fun." I explained.

"Right." Nat said shaking her head at us. "You really are little kids." She laughed.

"Hey!" Me and Wanda said at the same time. "We are not little kids we jut know how to have fun."

"Sure, whatever makes you feel better." Nat smiled. We laughed and moved on to makeup, styling each other how we wanted. As Wanda was doing my nails I got a text on my phone. Nat looked at it and told me it was Maria. 

"What did she say?" I asked.

"She said. "Hey Y/n, I'm sorry but I cant make it tonight. Something came up but perhaps another time? xoxo, love you lots."

"Oh okay, uh can you reply and just say something like, 'Yeah that's fine, hope you are okay and if you are free you can come round later in the week? x'" I asked Nat.

"Yep no problem babe." She said as she typed the message into my phone and sent it. 

"Thanks." I said as I turned my attention back to my nails.

Once we were done we went into our own rooms and grabbed the outfits the others had picked for us. 

                                                                                                ***