Chapter 5

Y/N's POV

I decided to have another shower, as I was rather sweaty after training. I didn't bother washing my hair again although I let the water run onto it. Getting out of the shower I dried myself off and pulled on a red dressing gown. I walked into my room and sat down at my desk, plugging in my hair dryer so I could get ready. I brushed through my, now dry, hair and combed it back into a French braid. I grabbed my makeup bag and started to apply a natural look. Some concealer, foundation, a bit of mascara and I decided to wear lipstick this evening. I rifled through my makeup bag and found a nice deep red shade called, 'Blood orange fusion', weird name but it looked good.

Next I turned to my wardrobe and looked through for a nice dress. I usually didn't wear anything fancy, I much preferred hoodies and t-shirts, jeans and jogging bottoms, but as it was a Stark party I thought I should make an effort. I pulled a dress out that I had worn to a mission about 2 years back.

                                                             This is the dress, sorry if you don't like it

I found a pair of red heels and set them by my bed so I could slip them on when I was ready to go. I put the dress on my bed and looked at the time. It was 19:30. I pulled on a pair of grey sweatpants and a black hoodie. I wanted a drink so I walked down stairs into the kitchen and grabbed a glass. "Hey, that what you wearing to the party?" I looked behind me. "Hey Buck, and no I just didn't want to put my dress on yet, it was a bit early. Besides I could turn up in this, I'm very comfy ya know." I turned back around a poured my self a glass of orange juice.

"I'm sure you are doll, I'm sure you are." He smiled.

"So, what are you wearing then? Not gunna turn up in your pjs are you?" I teased.

"No I am just about to get changed, I'll see you at the party, maybe I could walk you there?" He asked me.

"Sure, meet me at my door in 20 minutes, that okay?" I looked at him.

"Sure thing, doll, see you then." He winked and strolled out the room.

I drank my glass of orange juice as I scrolled through my phone, answering a few messages and checking in on a few friends. After 5 minutes I headed back up to my room and changed into my dress. I put some head phones in and wasted the last 10 minutes listening to some good songs, when I heard a knock on the door.

"Just a sec Bucky, I'll be out now." I called out. I grabbed my heels, slipped them on and reapplied my lipstick. I walkover to the door and opened it, expecting to see Barnes stood there instead I saw someone else. "48 hours remember?" The Russian smirked at me. Shit, I was hoping to avoid her. "So Bucky huh?" She looked at me with a look of amusement on her face.

"What, oh no he was just gonna walk me to the party thats all, speaking of which." I turned to see Bucky walking up to us. "Hey handsome." I laughed as he did a twirl for me, ending in a mock bow.