Chapter 17

Nat's POV

I awoke to a noise in front of me and a bright light. Opening my eyes slowly I saw Tony and Thor stood before me. Thor held a camera and had forgotten to turn the flash off as he tried to photograph me and y/n. I grinned, thinking that Thor had only take one and that I could easily get it back. That was until Clint walked in and said, "You guys back again? I thought you got enough pictures yesterday." I looked straight at Tony who began to back away. I scowled and began to get up but he quickly said, "We wouldn't want to wake y/n, now would we?" Pointing at the girl still cuddled up to me. I glared at him, "I will get you for that." He laughed and walked away from the main room, Thor and Clint following swiftly behind.

I groaned and settled back against the sofa, waiting for y/n to awake. It was about 7am and so the rest of the team should surely be up soon. I waited for about 10 minutes until I decided to get up. I slid out for under her and rested a pillow beneath her head. She stirred slightly but remained asleep. I made myself a cup of coffee and a slice of toast with butter on it. I thought about making y/n breakfast in bed but I was not sure if she would eat it, or when she would wake up so I decided to leave it for today. I sat at the counter on a barstool and planned my day out, I was lost in thought until I felt two hands snake around my waist. I span around quickly and held them at arms length by their throat, intending to choke them. "Y/n!" I gasped and let go, making her breathe heavily. "I'm so sorry." I apologised as she bent over a little, catching the breath I had knocked out of her.

"It's okay." She said, laughing a little. "Would have preferred that under different circumstances." She grinned.

"Oh would you now?" I smirked at her.

"Yep. Anyway, how long have you been up?" She asked.

"About 15 minutes, Tony and Thor took pictures of us sleeping so I am going to destroy the evidence." I told her.

"Aw no, I want the pictures. I can frame one, it would be cute." She said.

"Yeah, no. I have a reputation as the scariest, most badass assassin in the world and you want to frame a picture of me in my pyjamas, hugging my girlfriend as we both curl up on the sofa?" I asked incredulously.

"Pretty much." She agreed.

"You can keep one." I compromised.

"Deal." She shook my hand mockingly.

                                                                                                ***

Y/N's POV

Training had started again, in a much more structured way. I began by training Peter in the early afternoon. We almost always did hand to hand combat and some sort of disarming of weapons. Peter being Spiderman means he doesn't go for big fights, rather he attacks in lots of little ways to overcome an opponent. So we worked on his accuracy of using web slingers, the power of his punches and some tactical stuff too. 

After about 3 hours of training the kid, I go upstairs to shower. Then come back down and Wanda is waiting for me. We practice my abilities, helping me to gain more control over them. It really is helping and the main thing is Wanda is helping my confidence with using my abilities. I am not completely comfortable with them yet but better than I was before.  Wanda threw a tennis ball at me and I easily flicked it away with my mind. 

She grinned at me. "You're doing great." 

"Thanks." I smiled back, genuinely pleased with my progress.

"You look tired though, so we are going to call it a day there." She said walking over to me.

"Yeah, I feel a little wiped out." I laughed, sitting on the grass next to her.