That Afternoon

And with that I left. Looking over my shoulder I could see his gorgeous smile and his eyes following me.
Wow I just met Richard Armitage.

Soon I arrived at work. My best friend Charlotte worked there too so we often covered for each other.
"MEGAN!!!!" Screamed my boss.
"Brilliant" I muttered under my breath as I hurried over to his office.
"Hi Paul. Sorry about the delay. Here's your coffee, the stats are sent through email. Becky wants to know when she can take maternity leave and the work due is coming up and needs to be organised." with that I left as quickly as I could. I didn't want him asking me to go to the work due as his date. I'd rather puke!
"Hey Charlotte, sorry I'm late. He didn't give you a hard time did he?"
"No no of course not. Only the usual staring at my tits and badgering me about the work due. By the way Ricky (her boyfriend) is taking me out to dinner the night of the work due, so I'm not going."
"Thanks for covering for me again but why did it have to land on the same day. Can't you do it next Saturday rarer than this one?"
"God no! I'm avoiding it as much as possible. If you bring a date you can't be vulnerable though. No more creepy boss for that night!"
"Okay okay. I get the idea"
As I grabbed my bag to get to my phone I realised it wasn't there.
"Shit""wheres my phone?"
I searched everywhere, emptying the contents of my bag. Nowhere to be found.
"Did you leave it at Starbucks megs?" Asked Charlotte.
"Must have done" "I'll have to go get it".
-flashback to when Megan left the coffee shop-
Richard POV
God she is beautiful. Pull yourself together man. She left. She obviously don't like me like that. Wait she left her phone. Maybe I can use this to my advantage.
I'll give her house a call or leave a message at work or something. Maybe I can bribe her into having a coffee with me?
-back to present time-
Just then my office phone rang.
"Hello. Megan here, how can I help?" I couldn't stand saying that. So forced and fake.
"Um hi it's Richard from Starbucks. You left your phone here so I thought you would want it back."
"Oh hi Richard" my voice went unnaturally high, grabbing the attention of Charlotte.
"Who is Richard????" "Don't tell me he is that actor your in love with."
I shot her a glance telling her to shut up. She soon obeyed.
"Thank you so much for picking it up. I was just about to head back to Starbucks to get it. Just my luck really. Late this morning and spilt my coffee over you. Sorry again about that"
"Oh it's fine honestly. And I wouldn't go back to Starbucks as I picked it up."
He laughed after saying this. He has such a deep sexy laugh. It's was so perfect actually.
"Show why don't we meet up for a cup of coffee and I can give you your phone back" said Richard. Now it was time for him to get his plan into action.
"Sure that sounds great. I finish work at 5. At Starbucks again or someplace else"
"Why don't we try the little coffee shop opposite the park. I heard it's nice there but I've never tried it. Do you know it?"
"Yeah I know it. She you there at just gone 5 then"
I hung up the phone and slumped back in my chair. This was kinda a mini date I thought to myself
"So who is Richard???" Said Charlotte
"Just this guy I bumped into and spilt my coffee down."
"Thank god it's not that Armitage guy. You never use to shut up about him for a while"
"Well as I matter of fact it is him" I said bouncing up and down on the chair with excitement. "He has my phone and were meeting at a coffee shop so I can get it back."
"No frigging way. No you can't be serious. The Richard Crispin Armitage. Your obsessed with him"
"Keep your voice down will ya!!! I know I know. I can't wait. But you can't tell anybody."
"So it's a date?"
"No it's not a date. I'm meeting him to get my phone back. That's all"
"I wonder if he has added his number already. How romantic would that be" Charlotte begins to mumble.
"Shut your face Charlotte. I doubt it highly. I looked a right state this morning. I bet he doesn't even remember what I look like. And you don't like him anyway so you can back off bitch" I start laughing!
"Whoa whoa whoa don't kill me megs. Just a joke. Jesus."
After what felt like an eternity I was finally able to leave for the coffee shop.
After a 15 minute walk I finally arrived. As I stepped in it reminded me of the coffeehouse from F.R.I.E.N.D.S. I loved that tv show so much. And then I saw him, sitting on an orange sofa that was opposite a coffee table.
He turned around as I walked in and gave me a warm, slightly shy smile.
"Hi again" said Richard, his voice deceiving him and coming out as shy rather than normal.
"Hey" I replied looking at my feet.