The First Scan

As the sun slowly drifted through the windows of the master suite, the curtains forgotten about in a fit of passion the night before, the sun rose lazily up, ascending up the bed and across the face of Richard who stirred contentedly in his sleep.
Slowly waking up looked down upon Megan to find she was still sleeping peacefully and just how gorgeous did she look. A certain glow surrounding her.
Megan slowly woke up as she felt Richard's hand nestle more protectively over stomach. A smile spreading across her lips as Richard kissed her temple. She gazed up at him with nothing but love and devotion.
"Good morning my love" said Richard as he bent his head down and kissed her a thorough good morning.
"Hmm, good morning to you to"
Richard loving left small kisses all over her head and face, reaching down her neck and along the tops of his shoulders before Megan made a move to get out of bed.
"Oh come back darling" said Richard leaning over to Megan, grabbing her hand and bringing her to stand in front of him, him sat on the edge of the bed and her between his legs.
He gently brought his hands to her sides, pulled her closer and pressed the softest of kisses to her stomach.
Megan had tears in her eyes at the obvious display of affection her husband already felt for their unborn child.
Richard looked up at her then before bringing her down to kiss her properly and to start the day off with gentle caresses.
----------------------------------------------
Just over a month later

"Richard it's time to go"
"I'm coming" shouted Richard as he came charging down the stairs...buttoning up a flannel shirt and grabbing his phone and keys from the side.
Quickly stopping to kiss Megan's cheek as he opened the door for her and they made their way to their first baby scan.

Sitting in the doctor's surgery waiting room, Richard was nervous. What if the baby isn't healthy or there's a problem?
Sensing his nervousness Megan got a firm grip on his hand and pulled it into her lap before leaning over and kissing his cheek.
"Everything going to be fine darling, it's just to see how far along we are so to work out when the baby's due"
Richard smiled at her before pecking her lips.
She knows me so well

Shortly their name was called out and they made their way through to their doctor. Doctor Evans.
"Hello nice to see you again Megan, and you must be the father. It's a pleasure to meet you" greeted the doctor as he leant across his desk to shake hands with Richard. Before long Megan was on the weird chair with the cold gel smothered on her belly which made Richard laugh and they were staring at the screen in hope.
"Ahh there they are"
And there the baby was. A tiny little blob that would soon grow into a beautiful baby.
Megan had tears in her eyes and Richard leant down and kissed her forehead.
"There's our baby" said Megan lovingly.
"Oh aren't you small" laughed Richard gazing in wonder. He lifted her hand go kiss the back of it whilst the doctor worked out how far along she was.

"We're guessing you're due in early July! Congratulations"
Megan squealed knowing that her baby would be with them soon.
How could life get any better!

Sorry for the short chapter. I was just so desperate to update for you and I had this idea in my head about the first scan. I hope you enjoyed it