The Incident

It had been two weeks since the premiere. Life had been normal and the public seemed to accepted that Megan was Richard's girlfriend. Luckily no hate mail or threats were received until that horrible Wednesday afternoon when Richard was at work.

Megan was sat down watching tv whilst on the phone to Charlotte.
"So how's Ricky?"
"Ricky, oh he's fine. Although I bumped into his ex the other day. It was so awkward"
"Haha I bet it was"
"So how's Richard?"
"Oh he's fine. He is at work at.." CRASH. The window shattered as a brick smashes it with an envelope attached. Megan screamed which startled Charlotte.
"MEGAN, MEGAN? What happened. I heard a crash?"
"Someone threw a brick through the window. I got to go call Richard. I'll speak with you later"
Megan hung up the phone before Charlotte could respond.
"Richard, Richard please get home right away. Someone threw a brick through the window. It has an envelope attached and I'm so scared" Megan cried down the phone.
"Omg yes of course babe. Are you hurt? Did it hit you? What window did it smash?"
"The, the living room window facing the front of the house. I was talking to Charlotte on the phone when it it it happened"
"I'm running to the car now so I have to go. I'm phoning the police the second I hang up. Do not open the envelope okay"
"Yes okay. I love you"
"I love you too"

Soon after the police arrived and Richard sped into the driveway. He bolted up the steps, through the front door and into the living room where Megan was sat. He launched himself at Megan holding her close and stoking her hair.
"Are you okay babe?" He kissed her temple.
"Yes just shaken up"
Then the chief policeman walked in and requested only Richard to go into his study with him. The policeman held the envelope. Megan was questioned by a detective that had arrived asking her what had happened.
----------------------------------------------
Richard sat at his desk in his study as the chief handed him the envelope. He ripped it open and pulled out the photos and letter inside. Richards eye widened and a look of pure anger and hatred spread through him.
Before him on the letter was written "she was always mine!"
The pictures were of Megan and Paul having sex. His insides boiled and he stormed out of the room and into his bedroom, slamming the door shut behind him. As he looked through the photos he felt so betrayed. He loved Megan and he thought she loved him back just as much. But he must have been wrong for before him clearly displayed was Megan and Paul showing their love for each other. He punched the wall several times ignoring the pain. He stomped down the stairs and into the kitchen were Megan was stood. He threw the photos onto the counter in front of her, startling Megan.
"Hey what's up Richie?" She placed her hand on his arm.
"GET OFF OF ME. HOW COULD YOU? I LOVED YOU BUT YOUR, YOUR, YOUR NOTHING BUT A LIAR AND A CHEAT"
"Richard your scarring me. What's the matter?"
"You know what's the matter you dirty whore! You slept with Paul God knows how many times. The date in the bottoms shows that it happened when I've been at work all this week. HOW COULD YOU?"
"I haven't slept with Paul. What makes you think that?"
"THE PICTURES ARE BLOODY PROOF MEGAN SO DONT TRY AND GET OUT OF IT"
With trembling hands Megan took the photos and tears filled her eyes. Richard was holding back the tears so not to give her the satisfaction of seeing him too hurt.
"Richard these aren't real. I would never do something like this. Please believe me?"
I don't know what to believe anymore. Just get out of my sight"
Megan ran not knowing what to do. The only place she could go was Charlotte's. There was no way she was going to her parents house and having to explain the situation. The tears streamed down her face as she knocked on the front door. It opened within seconds and Megan was pulled into a massive embrace by Charlotte.
"OMG Megan. What's wrong?"
"The the pictures were all fake and he he he didn't believe me" she muttered in between bursts of crying.
"What pictures? What happened?"

So Megan explained the story of all that had happened.
"And he screamed saying that I was a dirty whore and told me to get out. I'm sorry that I came here I just didn't know where to go"
"Oh Megan that's fine for coming here and I can't believe he said that. Do you want me to speak to him?"
"NO"
"Then why don't you let Ricky investigate the pictures so they definitely are fake. He is in the police force after all."
"But.."
"But what?"
"Well there pics of me naked"
But if there fake it don't matter"
"I guess. This is the only one I kept"
Megan showed Charlotte and she gasped.
"It looks so real but Paul isn't that muscly, he has a beer belly"
About two hours later Ricky got home from work. Megan had decided to drink her sorrows away. She was in a right state when Ricky walked into the kitchen to find Megan there.
"Oh I didn't realise you would be here. Hi Megan"
"Hey Rickyyyyy". Her speech was slurred.
"Hi honey. Sorry but we need your police work to use. Megan is going to stay her until we can prove that this photo is fake."
"Woow. Isn't that your boss Paul?"
"Yep"
"And that's Megan!"
"It was thrown through the window with others attached to the brick"
"I see she is drinking away her troubles. That will be lovely in the morning" mentioned Ricky.
"Yeah she is but can you blame her. She told me thought he was the one"
"Oh dear. Let's stop her drinking. I need to go back to get this looked into. don't worry I won't say why". Ricky kissed Charlotte good bye and headed back.
Charlotte prayed that this would all go back to normal and that one day soon Megan would be back with the man she loved more than life itself.