The Next Step

I hope you enjoy the update. Sorry it's so short. I'll be updating soon with more antics of the Armitage clan ☺️

"Okay Megan it's time to push" informed the doctor.
"I, I can't" stuttered Megan who was tired from her 9 hour labour.
"Yes you can babe" Richard reassured her, gripping Megan's hand tighter.

"Don't babe me! You got me into this situation, it's all your fault!" Megan snapped whilst grasping his shirt and bringing his face close to hers.
Oh gosh she's angry, it's just the discomfort talking Richard told himself as he silently cursed himself for not being able to relieve Megan's pain. He hated to she her in pain but soon that would disappear and that baby girl he knew was coming would arrive snd cheer them all up.
"She's crowning, okay Megan on the count of 3 I need you to push"
"I can't..."
"1"
Richard grabbed her face so she had to look him in the eyes
"2"
"Yes you can Megan, you can do this because you're strong and soon our baby girl will be here" he smirked as he lent in kissed her lips lovingly
"3"
Letting out a growl she pushed with all of her might. The longest seconds of their lives passed as they waited with baited breath to hear the cries of their newborn, to know they were alive and well.
After what felt like terrifying years, finally the cries of a baby filled the silent room. Richard chuckled and looked lovingly into Megan's eyes as he kissed her again.
"I love you"
"I love you to Richard"
"Congratulations Mr and Mrs Armitage, you have a new baby boy!"
"A boy!" Richard gasped in surprise
"I told you it was a boy" Megan smirked as she was handed the baby and Richard sat on the edge of the bed, on arm around Megan and the other helping to cradle their baby boy.
"Well I guess you are ALWAYS right" chuckled Richard as he bent down and kissed the forehead of his son.
"He's perfect" whispered Megan.
"He clearly takes after his mother then"
"Would you like to hold your son?" Asked Megan as she gazed lovingly into Richard's eyes.
So choked with emotions he simply nodded before slowly taking his son into his arms for the first time, tears filling his eyes has he brought his finger to caress his cheek.
"Hello son" he whispered as he once again lent down and kissed his son before smiling his beautiful smile at Megan.

The next few hours were crazy, the 3 had very little time to themselves before the family began to arrive, first the grandparents and then the Richard brother with his wife and Abe. Friends also made their way over to the hospital to look at the new little Armitage.
"So, have you decided on a name yet?" Asked Megan's mum as she cradled her grandson.
"I think so" said Megan as she looked towards Richard.
"Oliver James Armitage" said Richard proudly as he kissed Megan's temple.
"My little Ollie" whispered Richard in Megan's ear.