A Very Important Day-Part 2

"Well Richard..."
Richard was panicking. He fully believed that Megan's father was going to decline Richard's wish to marry Megan. He knew it would mean a lot to Megan if he had asked her dad so why was he being so judgemental and protective.
"Well Richard...I don't know what to say"
"Please Sir, I love your daughter with all my heart. She makes me feel complete and I know that she is the one I want to spend the rest of my life with". Richard was pleading now.
"Richard...welcome to the family".
Richard's jaw dropped.
"Really, your giving me permission?"
"Yes, I wanted to see you fight for Megan. I know she loves you and I would be proud to call you my son-in-law."
"Thank you so much si... I mean Michael". Richard shook Michael's hand firmly and he couldn't get the beam of his face.
"Better wipe the smile off your face though as the ladies are heading back" said Michael. Richard listened to his instructions and used his acting skills to appear as he had before.
"Hello darling" said Sandra to Michael.
"Hey baby" said Megan kissing Richard.
"Everything okay?" Asked Michael
"Yes" said the women in unison which resulted in them laughing at each other.
The rest of the meal proceeded well and shortly after their desserts were finished they left the restaurant. Richard paid for the meal as a thank you for the answer to his previous question. Only Michael knew and understood why he had done this. He was very grateful.
////////time lapse-1 week later///////
Richard had thought long and hard about how to pop the question to Megan, but he decided the park were they went on one of their first dates was the best way to do it. So they headed for the park and Megan was none of the wiser.
They ate their picnic sharing food like they had done before and several stolen kisses alone the way but now Richard was starting to get nervous. They wondered done the hidden pathway like before and came across the empty gazebo like the one from one of Megan's favourite films, The Sound Of Music.
"I love this gazebo. It's so romantic" said Megan.
"It is romantic but I think you like it because of The Sound Of Music."
"Oi you" said Megan whilst playfully slapping his arm.
"I suppose you're right in a way. But don't you think it's romantic? It's like when Liesl gets her first kiss or when the Captain and Maria declare their love for each other"
"You and that film. I bet your dying inside to be Maria and swoon over the Captain."
"I must say I've thought about it before, but come on Christopher Plummer as the Captain was hot stuff!"
"Sooo you like Christopher Plummer then?"
"Oh shut up you"
"Aren't I a good enough Captain then?" Said Richard with a twinkle in his eye. He had taken ahold of Megan's hands and slowly walked them into the centre of the gazebo now and the moment was getting closer.
"Oh your a very good Captain, but you don't look like much of a sea Captain"
"And you don't like much like a governess"
"Hahaha. You remember the lines!"
"Because you watch it so much"
So just like the film Richard placed his finger under Megan's chin and kissed her.
"I love you Megan, I truly do. I hope you know that"
He then bent down onto one knee and continued talking. Megan gasped with surprise. She certainly wasn't expecting this and for it to be like the scene in The Sound Of Music.
"And because I love you so much I want to be the one you spend the rest of your life with, your Captain. Megan, will you make me the happiest man alive and marry me?"
Megan squealed with delight and said "yes" before having the ring placed onto her finger. Richard then stood up and they hugged and kissed passionately.
"Oh this is so wonderful. Thank you so much. I'll love you forever" said Megan.
"You'll even be proud to know that I asked your dad for permission. I thought he was going to have my head on the chopping board!"
"You are so sweet Captain"
"I guess I am aren't I Fräulein"
The two laughed and went back home for some celebratory love making.