Christmas Day Part 1

Hi everyone,
Sorry it's been so long but I wanted to save my Christmas Day chapter until slightly closer to Christmas 😁 not sure today counts as close enough but it'll have to do for I have writers block!
I'd like to thank a friend of mine for kicking my butt back into shape and encouraging me to write some more...you know who you are.
Anyway here we go
----------------------------------------------

Megan woke up bright and early...early as in 6:00am!!!! Because today was Christmas Day and inside she was still a little kid excited for the festivities to commence!!
Megan's head was laying against Richard's chest/collar bone and she slowly lent up to kiss his cheek.
"Wakey wakey" she whispered as she gave him another delicate kiss on the cheek.
Richard grumbled and held onto Megan tighter as he shifted slightly, his tired eyes brimming with excitement and tiredness as he gazed down upon his excitable wife.
"If my wife would like to come out of her hiding spot and replace the small child that's woken me up at..." He lent over the look at the alarm clock "6:00!!! Someone's very excited for Christmas"
"Sorry Richard" Megan looked down sheepishly,
"I just couldn't wait to give you your presents and celebrate Christmas with our families."
"Merry Christmas Mrs Armitage"
Richard smiles cheekily and spun Megan over to give her a good morning kiss.
"Merry Christmas to you too Mr Armitage" Megan giggled.

Within moments Megan had dragged Richard out of bed and was racing downstairs to the Christmas tree, it's lights sparkling beautifully.
They exchanged a few smaller a gifts, perfumes, after shave, matching scarfs (brought by accident but utterly adorable), DVDs and then came the more meaningful presents.
Richard grabbed Megan's remaining presents from under the tree. She tore away at the paper to reveal a beautiful set of diamonds earrings and matching necklace and bracelet ..."oh Richard they're beautiful! I love them" she lent over the kiss him before going back to open the last present. She undid this one slowly to reveal a large book and upon open the cover she could see pictures of herself and Richard, with love letters attached written across each page
"It umm shows the story of how we came to be, starting from pictures and things from when they first met up until the present."
And sure enough there it was on the first page...a napkin from the coffeehouse they went on their first date too with a lovely section written about how it was love at first sight, the drinks order Richard out in the night of the work party and a playlist of the songs they had danced too, including most importantly their first dance together, the shopping list from the picnic they went on, the coordinates of their meeting, dates and first kiss, wedding pictures and pictures of dates as amazing the work party which Megan had no idea existed! She burst into tears at his thoughtful gesture and she could see how much effort he'd put into it. She crawled over and gave him a proper kiss to thank him before drying her eyes.
Megan slid under the tree and grabbed two boxes- one medium sized and the other a small box.
"Big one first" Megan instructed through her tears. Richard untied the ribbon and opened the box to reveal a hamper of various different baby items, a special scan photo, a baby bib, matching baseball caps for baby and daddy and a baby grow that said daddy's girl and boy (one of each as the gender isn't known yet). Richard looked up astonished.
"Oh this is just wonderful darling" he lent over to kiss her but before he could she told him to open the other one first. Inside were a set of keys...keys to a car...of an Aston Martin!
Richard looked up in shook, speechless.
"Go check the driveway"
Richard ran from his position sat on the floor to the front door and lo and behold there was an Aston Martin.
"I figured after we'll have the out the baby seat in the car you won't have a car of your own...and I always thought you'd make an amazing James Bond"
Richard twirled around before grabbed Megan and twirling her around, kissing her profusely for his gift.
"How did you know! I've always wanted to drive an Aston Martin and now I've got one. Thank you thank you thank you"
"Come on let's go inside, it's chilly" they chuckled in each other's embrace as they looked at the snow that was on the ground and both headed back inside to get ready for the family to come over.