The first official day

I'd like to apologise immensely for my long absence from this fanfiction. I came into some writer's block and never seemed to recover until I was motivated again by some lovely comments. I hope this chapter will start things back up for me and I can't thank everyone enough for continuing to read this. Thank you all! X

Slowly the sun rays reared into the honeymoon suite through the large windows and descended upon the entangled naked limbs of husband and wife.
As the sun came over Richard's eyes he began to stir as he woke from the best night sleep he had had in a very long time. Looking down at the heavenly creature in his arms, his heart swelled at how peaceful and beautiful Megan looked cradled in his strong protective arms.
He didn't know how long he'd been watching her in awe before she two began to stir.
"Good morning Mrs Armitage...sleep well" he whispered whilst placing a gentle kiss a top her head.
"Hmmmm very well indeed Mr Armitage. And how did my mighty husband sleep?"
"The best night sleep I've ever had"
Slowly he bent down to kiss Megan good morning properly before she drew back and placed her hand on his chest to stop him.
"Megan what's wrong?" He asked with alarm.
"It's just...oh it's silly really"
"Nonsense, please tell me. I want you to be able to tell me anything"
"Well it's just...ill have bad breath as I haven't had anything to drink since last night and I haven't brushed my teeth. I don't want to put you off me now you're finally mine"
Reaching for her chin and tilting it up so she looked into his eyes
"I don't care about that. Mine will be the same but I plan to start every morning with a good morning kiss because you're my wife Megan and I love you"
Bringing her chin towards his lips he kissed her good morning for the first time. Their first official day as husband and wife.
Snuggling back into each other they stared out the window and watched the sun rise higher and higher over the beautiful grounds.
"You know, you were such a beast last night that we forgot to close the curtains" joked Megan.
"A beast! I certainly didn't hear you complaining" replied Richard as he began burying his face in her neck and kissing her weak spot.
Passionate kissing commenced as the pair engaged in their favourite physical activity. There truly was no better way to begin their first official day of married life.
--------------------------------------------
A short while later Megan and Richard appeared in the dining hall of the manor for breakfast with their family before leaving to go on their honeymoon.  Richard had planned it all and wouldn't tell Megan anything about it and she didn't like to not. After all you only get one honeymoon! But Megan trusted Richard with all her heart and knew they'd enjoy themselves very much.
After saying goodbye and thanking all the family again for attending Richard and Megan were finally driving towards the airport to begin their lives together.

"Oh please can't you at least tell me the continent if not the country! This is driving me insane Richie"
Richard squeezed Megan's leg which he always kept there whilst driving. He felt he was protective over her by doing so and honestly he couldn't keep his hands off of her.
"No darling that's defeats the point of s surprise."
"I'll figure it out you know. You can't keep it a secret when we're at the airport. I'll see it on the tickets and at check in and stuff"
Reaching behind her, Richard grabbed something from the back seat and dropped it in Megan's lap whilst smirking...
"A blindfold and ear muffs!!!!!"
"And you thought you'd find out" Richard was sounding far too triumphant with himself.
Finally they  reached the airport and parked up and made their way to drop off the bags and towards the departure lounge. Richard had forced megan to wear the blindfold whilst the lined up so she couldn't see that they were travelling with British airways and what their destination would be.
After several hours of Megan guessing different countries and walking around the shops in the airport it was time to go to their gate.
Megan practically ran knowing this would be how she found out the destination. Richard caught up with her just in time to see her mouth drop open and her eyes fill with tears as she turned around and jumped at him.
Picking her up so she could wrap her legs around his waist she looked down at him.
"Paris" she said in a teary breathy voice.
"Yes darling, we're going to Paris"