A Very Important Day

It had been a month since Richard's and Megan's discussion and life was truly back to normal. Richard and Megan often went to parties and dinners out with Richard's co workers and family and she thoroughly enjoyed herself every time. She could even stay at home by herself now! Today Richard and Megan were going out to dinner with Megan's parents seeming as the week before they had gone with Richard's. It was only fair but Richard had a special question to ask her father, a question that would change their lives forever.
"Hurry up Megan! How long does it take to put on a dress?"
Megan emerged from the bedroom were she had secluded herself to get ready. She was wearing a simple dress that showed all her curves in all the right places. It was purple.
"Sorry Richie, just thought you wouldn't want to go with someone who looked like a tramp"
Richard laughed and had a gleam in his eye. 'God she was beautiful'.
"You ready to go then?" Asked Megan.
"I've been ready for the last 15 minutes. Did I tell you, you look beautiful?"
Megan blushed. Richard loved her blush and how he was the reason for it.
Megan starred down at her feet and waited for Richard to open the door. Richard couldn't help but smirk. He made his Megan shy! He would have to bring this up later on. He laughed to himself.
/////////////////////////////////////
A short while later Megan, Richard and her parents Michael and Sandra were sat down at a posh restaurant about to order their starters.
"So how are you Megan dear?" Asked her father. He looked at Richard still not over the incident that happened just over a month ago. Richard's heart sank a little. He wanted her parents to love him, like his loved her. He knew her mum liked him but her dad was a tough one. Clearly he was a protective father especially when it came to men.
"Never better dad" responded Megan. She squeezed Richard's hand under the table and he could help but smile at her.
"Are you ready to order?" Inquired the waiter.
"Yes I think we are" replied her mum.
"You begin Megan."
"Umm, I'll have the prawn cocktail"
"Very good choice" the waiter turned to her mum.
"I'll have the salad and not too much dressing please"
"Of course and you sir" asked the waiter pointing at her dad.
"I'll have the portobello mushrooms"
"I'll have the prosciutto"
"I'll be back shortly with your starters"
"A strange choice prosciutto, much to like pizza for my liking especially since we're in such a nice place"
"I'm sorry if you feel that way Sir, but that is what I wanted to eat"
"I think it was a good choice, you'll have to tell me if its nice. I've never had prosciutto" said Megan defending Richard. They smiled at each other again.
Shortly the waiter arrived with their food and everyone tucked in. Conversation continued until Michael wanted to start picking on Richard.
"How is the prosciutto darling?" Asked Megan.
"Oh it's very nice, here try some" Richard cut a small piece off and fed it to Megan.
"Please don't make me remind you of were we are Richard. Hardly appropriate" said Michael.
"Sorry Sir"
"Oh please don't call him Sir Richard. I thought we were on first name basis" said Sandra.
The meal continued and their main meal was brought out. After it had finished Megan and her mum excused themselves to go to the bathroom to freshen up. The men stood and the women left and Megan made sure to give Richard a quick kiss before leaving. The men sat back down and Richard immediately took s large gulp of his wine.
"Umm Michael, I just wanted you to know I really do love your daughter. I would give everything for her and well.."
"Spit it out Richard"
"Well I si..I mean Michael, I would love your permission to marry your daughter"
There he had said it. But now his heart was thumping loader and faster. Everything he did today had upset her dad and he knew it meant a lot to Megan to get his permission.
Michael was shocked. He had expected a wide array of things to be spoken about tonight but not this.
"Well Richard, do you love my daughter?"
"With all my heart"
"And would you provide for her, and be faithful forever"
"Yes, I'd go to the moon and back before to give her everything she ever wants or needs"
"Well Richard..."