45: End

"Em! Come on! Run!" Matt yelled.

She was close behind him. Trying to keep up. They both ran up the hill and towards the screaming.

Matt had decided he wasn't going to just leave them.

"Oh my God... is that Matt?" Mike asked.

He wasn't expecting an answer as he flung the door open and ran outside.

He saw Matt and Emily both running past him as he looked behind them, seeing what they had been running from.

"Fuck.." Mike whispered to himself.

Sam saw it too. As she ushered Emily and Matt inside.

"Mike!" She screamed at him. Trying to get him to move but he wouldn't. It was like he was glued to the ground.

"Mike!" She tried again but it wasn't going to work. She knew that.

"Damnit." She said.

She slammed the cabin door shut and then ran to Mike, putting her own back against his so they could both see in all directions.

"Sam! What the fuck are you doing!" He shouted at her.

"What does it look like! Saving you!" She shouted back.

"Well come on then!" He yelled at her.

He gripped his can of deodorant in his hand. And Sam did that too.

Wendigo's surrounded them both. They were both almost engulfed in them. "Why are there so many!" She yelled at him.

"How am I supposed to know!"

They both sprayed all around them in a circle, making sure that they both didn't spray themselves.

Matt and Emily both watched from inside in a horrified state as neither of them could even see Sam or Mike through the flames.

That lasted for about two minutes. No sound besides the flames and the screeching of the Wendigo.

One of the cans ran out from what they could see. A clearing in the flames showed that it was Sam's.

Mike saw her crouch down, trying to hide away but the Wendigo's tried to get to her.

He threw himself in front of her and sprayed what was left of his van and then they both stood still.

Only three Wendigo's remained. Sam and Mike both crouched to the ground and stayed that way. The Wendigo's around them screeching, trying to find them.

Matt and Emily from inside didn't know what to do. They weren't sure how to help. They weren't sure if they could do anything to help.

Mike looked at Sam. Sam looked at Mike.

They both shared their silent thoughts with one another. Mike smiled slightly at her. Almost to reassure her in a way. He mouthed something but Sam gave a confused look, not being able to read his lips.

'I love you.'

Sam smiled back to him.

'I love you t-.'

She was cut off by a screech and then a Wendigo being right between her and Mike. It's leg was in front of Sam's face.

If she breathed too hard, it would turn around and find her. She knew it. And she knew it was about to happen too.

She wished Mike had stayed in the cabin. If he had then maybe they wouldn't be stuck in this situation.

A thud came from behind her. She almost looked towards the noise but she knew if she did, then she would be killed in an instant.