41: Consequence

"Holy fuck." Emily tried to whisper this to herself when she woke up in Josh's bed the next morning.

She hadn't been very quiet since she heard Josh next to her already awake from her saying this for only the fourth time.

"Yeah.." he said back to her.

"Holy fuck." She said again. She didn't really know what else she could say to express how weird she felt. The tension between her and Josh was cut now and it felt good to her. But at the same time.. "Holy fuck!"

She looked underneath the blanket her and Josh were under and saw herself naked with Josh in the same state next to her.

She quickly put the blanket back over her and then turned her head to look at Josh.

"That actually happened?" She asked him, freaking out a little. This only cracked Josh up as he looked down at his floor and grabbed his boxers that somehow ended up on his side of the bed.

He slipped them on and stood up, putting the blanket back down on the mattress. Just as soon as he had, Emily made a cocoon for herself to stay in.

"Uh.. yeah it did." Josh said as he grabbed his shirt and put it on along with a pair of jeans he had.

"So are you going to get dressed?" He asked her as she stayed laying there, staring up at the ceiling.

"Not with you right there." She said to him. He chuckled to her and then looked down at the floor and then back at her.

"You do realize what happened last night, right?" He asked her.

She looked over at him, she knew.

"I know. Its just- I think I look weird." She said to him, still not moving from her blanket fortress she had made for herself.

"Wait, what do you mean weird?" He asked her, now sitting on the edge of the mattress, next to her. "I guess I'm just not really- comfortable with myself. It must be hard for you to understand considering you look.. well- different under everything." She said, pointing to his shirt that he had on.

She had never really expected Josh to be strong enough to almost have a six pack. But underneath his shirt, he was kinda flawless.

"Hey, I don't look like jack shit okay? You might not think so but I think you're beautiful. With and without clothes." He said, trying to hide his smile that showed.

She smiled too, not because what he had said was funny, but because she could tell he meant it.

She propped herself up and sat up, bringing her face closer to Josh's.

"Well last night was definitely- something to remember." Emily whispered to him.

This had just made Josh's smile grow wider.

"You know I was a little hurt that you might've forgotten it. I've been told that I'm the best some girls have had." He said, standing up and cracking his hands.

"Not to brag... or anything." He said, lifting an eyebrow.

She shook her head at him and then looked down.  "Not sure if they were lying but, you we're definitely mine." She said, still with her head down and looking at her lap so she wouldn't see Josh's face when she said it.

Little had she known, his mouth had fallen open at her remark. His cheeks were pink with it and he was at a loss for words.

She had looked up at him as he put his hand behind his head and turned away from her. She smiled at him, knowing she had been the cause of him turning around with nervousness.