40. Shopping

After Sam had smacked Mike around a bit for not waking her up sooner, the two made their way into the mall together.

As they walked through the main doors, they both saw all of the decorations that were up for Valentine's Day which they both had just now realized was only a few days away.

"Wow. This is my first Valentine's I'll actually have someone to spend it with." Mike said out of the corner of his mouth to Sam.

She chuckled a bit at this, remembering that he was talking about her. "If you'll have me, that is." Mike continued. Sam smiled but her gaze stayed on the ground.

"Hmm I might have to think about it." She said playfully. Mike smiled as he looked down at her and then they continued on their way to the clothing stores.

The place was packed. Neither of them had thought it would've been this crowded but they had been very wrong.

A man started to walk towards them from the opposite direction on Sam's side. As he got closer, Sam felt herself getting closer to Mike with each step.

After a few seconds she was holding onto Mike's hand with one hand and putting her other hand on his shoulder.

As the man passed, she got a little more relaxed and then put her right arm to her side but still kept her left one in Mike's right one.

She had been thankful that she wasn't holding onto his other hand. She didn't mind it of course but she didn't want to risk hurting his fingers.

"You okay?" Mike asked her. She just nodded to him as the two kept walking.

~~~

About an hour had passed by after they had gotten into the mall and started looking for clothes. Mike had found clothes for Matt already but now, they just had to find some for Jess.

Mike had gotten a few flannels and jeans for himself. Sam getting a pair of jeans here and there considering how picky she was with how fitted they were. She grabbed some t-shirts and two hoodies as well and that was all she really needed.

She and Mike had been looking for clothes for Jessica longer then themselves and Matt. Maybe even combined.

They weren't really sure where to look or what specific store Jess shopped at so they had both tried to separate.

But a few seconds after they had broke apart, Sam went back to Mike realizing he didn't have his phone and it probably wasn't a good idea to go looking by themselves.

They had finally found a store though, after 20 minutes. Mike saw a nice sweater on a hanger and then grabbed it and held it up for Sam to look at.

She looked it over and then just nodded at him. "Yeah, that's cute." She said to him. He smiled, happy with himself that he had actually picked out a decent top.

They had both grabbed jeans which Sam already figured out Jess's size in her head. They had checked out at the register, Sam being the one to pay considering Mike didn't have any of his stuff with him.

Sam had to use her phone to pay considering she didn't have any of her cards or cash on her. The cashier had been giving Sam a weird look the whole time but Mike hadn't really been paying attention to it as he looked around the unfamiliar store.

"Haven't seen you around here before." He had said while he was scanning. Mike still not hearing this, didn't acknowledge it.

"Yeah we don't usually go shopping." Sam said with smile trying to joke with him.

"Well I hope to see you around here more often." He said, a little louder this time, and adding a wink at the end of his sentence.

This had gotten Mike's attention and his head turned quickly to the cashier who hadn't noticed his gaze yet.