20. Psycho

Emily and Josh had both gotten home safely that night. They had no idea of Chris and Ashley's danger. Sam and Mike staying with Matt and Jess.

They both assumed that everyone had left and gotten back him safe.

When they walked into the door they both sat down on the couch as Josh grabbed the tv remote and turned on the tv to whatever channel they had left it on.

Emily watched a few minutes until her words broke the silence besides the low tv in the background.

"Josh." She said.

He turned towards her in an instant. It sounded like there was a sense of urgency in her voice. She just stared at him when he looked at her.

"What is it?" He asked her as he turned his body towards her.

"What the hell is happening to your face?" She asked.

He gave a confused look and put both of his hands on his face and felt for something. His fingers felt across his forehead and then down to his cheeks. When they hit his mouth, he felt a hard thing coming out of the ride side of his mouth.

When he hit it, it felt razor sharp. "Ow! Shit. What the hell?" He yelled, falling back from the couch.

"What is this?" He asked her.

Emily shook her head in response as Josh's vision went cloudy. To him, it felt like he was blacking out but to Emily, the sight in front of her was the most horrifying thing she had ever seen.

Josh's eyes turned white, his pupils couldn't be seen from where Emily was sitting at least.

He fell to his knees and crossed his arms as he started rocking and making, almost crying noises but they sounded distorted. It didn't even sound real.

Emily was frozen. She didn't know what to do. Or if she should do anything.

She just stared at her friend, rocking. Back and forth with the noises getting louder with every rock.

She shook herself out of her fear and took in a breath and tried to gather every bit of courage she could. "Josh?" She called out in a whimper. She meant to sound firm.

She didn't mean for his name to come out as a question. She meant to say it like he was joking around and that he needed to stop.

But he did stop. Stop rocking at least. The noises continued.

Emily bit her lip as her eyes started to water at the sight of him. Slumped over on the floor, just grunting every few seconds.

Then they stopped. And he screamed. He screamed louder then anything she had ever heard.

Like he was going to die. He was feeling so much agony that he would die. She quickly got up and put her hands on his back and started to shake him gently. "Josh. Stop. Please." She said. At first it sounded firm but then it came out as a whimper.

He looked up at her, his eyes now normal but his mouth still showing a tooth out of it. His eyes threatened to spill tears every where.

He whimpered and then turned away from her. "Josh I-."

"Em. I cant. That- I don't."

"Shh. Its okay." She said to him, sitting on her legs just as he was.

He started sobbing and his head fell into her lap. She wasn't really sure what to do. She wasn't usually the one to make sure everyone was okay but she knew right now, she had to try.

She held his head in his arms as he cried. She had the urge to cry too, just because he was. He seemed so confused and hurt when he looked at her.