36: Escape

After the movie had ended, Josh turned off the tv before he got sucked into another one.

"Alright guys. We should probably get up and start moving for the day." Chris said as he stood up.

Josh did as well and then the two girls followed in their actions.

"Alright well we've got some school work to do." Chris said as he started to walk to Emily's room to grab Ashley's lap top so he could help her.

Emily looked over at Josh who wiped his hands on his pants and then looked up at Emily with a knowing smirk.

"I'm gonna head out." He said to her and Ashley.

"Where?" Emily asked him quickly. He chuckled and put his hands up.

"Relax. Just going for a walk." He replied, starting to make his way to the front door.

"Alright well I'm just gonna start breakfast. Be careful." She said, her worry could be heard in her voice. Only Josh could hear it though.

Ashley just thought she wanted Josh to come back okay because of everything that had happened to him the night before.

She shrugged it off and then made her way to Emily's doorway to go find Chris.

"I'll be back later." He said to her, closing the door behind him as he left.

Emily sighed and then put her hand to her forehead. "What the fuck?" She said to herself. She took her hand off of her forehead and turned towards the kitchen.

She went into the fridge to grab some eggs to make an omelet and some other things that only Josh liked. They had a conversation the night that he had been in the bathroom.

She waited outside the door for a few minutes and tried to talk to him. He had told her about how he and his sisters would have breakfast all together in the kitchen.

And how he wanted his omelet. Balsamic Onion. She would've hated it like that. Now she would always be reminded of him whenever she thought about it.

"Stop it Em!" She yelled at herself.

She sighed and then shook her head, getting everything ready.

As she cooked it, she kept looking out the window for Josh, to see when he was coming back or not.

It had only been a few minutes. She knew that. But she couldn't help but worry about him.

She wanted to make absolutely sure that he was cured of being a Wendigo. She started to fry the omelet and then heard her phone ring from her pocket.

She rolled her eyes and then answered it. "Hello?" She answered, putting the phone in between her shoulder and her ear so she could use both hands to make breakfast.

"Hey Em?" She heard a familiar voice say. She couldn't tell who it was at first but then she thought about it, and decided that it was Matt.

"Yeah?" She answered.

"We're on our way out of— there were— in there and we barely got out of there. Sam opened— the door and they're outside now. We aren't sure where they went but— were heading to Sam's apartment now." He tried to explain. His voice cut in and out and she couldn't really understand what he was saying.

"Matt, you're- you're breaking up." She said to him.

She heard him take a breath through static and then he tried to repeat what he had said.

"There were Wendigos in there. Where Jess and I were fucking staying. We got out of there but not before the two Wendigos that we left got out. They're out now and we don't know where they are but we're getting away from there now." He repeated, apparently getting a better phone signal so he could be heard better.