29. Recovery

Chris and Ashley managed to head over to Josh and Emily's to help around. There wasn't really anything to help out with but they all knew they were better together then separated.

Josh and Emily had talked of staying in the same room while Chris and Ashley took one of theirs but then they both realized they shouldn't.

Josh said that he could sleep on the couch in an agreement before Chris and Ashley came to the guest house. But Emily had given him one look that made him stop and agree to sleep in his own room.

When they had arrived, Chris went straight to Josh and gave him a big hug on the verge of tears.

"I was so worried." He said, it being a little muffled by Josh's shoulder but he heard what Chris had said.

The two stayed like that for a few minutes as Emily just ushered Ashley inside and onto the couch. They didn't say anything as they kept their eyes on the boys still in the hallway.

"How's he been doing?" Ashley asked Emily.

"Well he's been up and moving for a few hours which is good. He did get boiling water down his throat and he's completely fine." Emily said a little confused.

Ashley nodded in agreement. "Yeah that is a little weird." She said.

Chris and Josh both broke apart and then Josh patted Chris on his back with a smile as they both went into the kitchen.

Emily and Ashley both looked at the two as they were laughing and smiling with each other.

Emily sighed and then just shook her head and turned back to Ashley.

"So how are you? And Chris?" She asked.

Ashley smiled slightly. "Well we moved in as you know and he's been helping me through school and mostly making fun of me but you know. He's really good to me." She explained.

Emily nodded with a slight smile. "Yeah well being here with Josh isn't exactly relaxing as you can imagine. Maybe for now it is but I don't know if he's just miraculously cured." Emily explained.

Ashley looked over at Josh to see him and Chris eating some pretzels from a bag she assumed they had found in one of the cabinets.

Sometimes Ashley got mad at Chris for forgiving Josh so easily. But then she remembered that they were the first of the two to meet. He and Josh were the closest out of everyone.

Everyone alive at least. She knew Sam and Hannah had known each other before anyone. Then Hannah introduced Sam to Josh and Beth. They had all still been young and Josh hung out with the boys in his class.

Then he had met Chris and they had become best friends in that moment. She had only come into the picture through Chris. At first she wasn't really sure why Josh had just included her into the group but then she figured out that Chris must've been talking about her since he liked her.

Then Josh had met Matt from being the outgoing one out of everyone. Then Matt had met Emily from being a popular football player and meeting the popular girls of the school which included Emily and Jess.

Mike had been a part of the popular guys even though he wasn't a football player.

Hannah had been talking about him since they were young. Mike had been a part of the group that hung out with Josh but then broke away from him.

Ashley broke away from her thoughts and sat back on the couch. Emily did the same, deciding that the conversation that they were having was decidedly over.

~~~~~~~

Matt made his way down to the hospital wing of the building, leaving Jess with Sam and Mike to eat the rest of their breakfast.