10. Mountain

The bus approached Mike and Sam's bench and stopped in front of them as it opened it's doors.

Sam stood first and turned back to Mike who was still curling his fingers. "Mike?"

Mike looked up quickly to Sam with a "huh?" escaping his lips as Sam held her hand out for Mike to use to help himself up.

"The bus is here." Sam explained as she pointed with her other hand. Mike nodded and grabbed Sam's hand and pulled himself up.

The pair got onto the bus. Sam went first with the two tickets she had bought in her hand as she gave them to the bus driver.

He tilted his head down at her and Mike as they both sat down on the seats next to each other.

They looked around the bus. There were only three other people there. A man who was asleep and a couple.

The sleeping man looked like he was homeless, at least thats what Sam concluded.

Mike got into the chair closest to the window as Sam let him pass her. She knew he had motion sickness when he wasn't driving. She had learned that the hard way when she had sat in the front seat instead of letting him sit there.

He was right behind her and his gagging was right behind her and she could hear it perfectly. Sam shivered as she thought back to it.

"You okay?" Mike asked as he turned to face her. She smiled and nodded, not wanting to explain why she was thinking about Mike almost throwing up on her back.

Mike nodded and looked back out the window. He couldn't look at her for too long or he would become motion sick quickly.

He was still looking out the window with occasional glances at Sam as he started up a conversation.

"What exactly happened with Josh? On the mountain I mean. Before I came back." Sam sighed as she thought back to it.

She shut her eyes and shook her head as her mind started going back to the mountains. Mike's voice quickly shook her out of it.

"You don't have to talk about it if you don't want to." Sam opened her eyes and turned to Mike to see him looking at her. He quickly turned his head back to the window as Sam smiled at him.

"It's alright." Sam explained. Mike took a breath. He had been looking away from the window for too long. He had almost lost it himself.

"You being here and talking reminds me that I'm not there again I think." Sam said to him. Mike quickly looked at Sam with a smile and then back out the window.

"Basically, as you know, I went to take that bath." Sam started. Mike nodded as a way for Sam to know she could continue and even though it didn't look like it, she had his full attention.

"When I got out, my clothes were missing. So I guess Josh took them. I went to go look for everyone- anyone. And I went into that movie room. Then the doors shut behind me and the 'psycho' showed me a video of Josh getting sawed in half. Then I got chased and by the end of it he put that sleeping mask on me." Sam explained. Mike nodded.

"And then that's when I saved you?" Mike asked as he looked at her from the corner of his eye. "Yeah- yes. That's when you saved me." Sam said as she blushed a little at Mike. He could barely see it but he had.

A small smirk formed on his face, just out of Sam's view so she couldn't see it. "Are you ready for this?" Mike asked.

Sam sighed and looked down at her lap. "I don't know." Sam said truthfully.

Mike nodded. "Yeah me too." He said. "I'm scared." Mike admitted as he crossed his arms.

Sam looked back up at Mike. "Hey." She put her hand on his arm. "It's gonna be okay. It always is when we're together. At least it was back when- when everything happened."