9. Outside

Sam and Mike walked outside the hospital as they both realized they didn't have a car to get around.

"Shit." Mike said as he looked around.

They considered hitch hiking, but soon realized that was a bad idea.

"Where's your truck?" Sam asked.

"Back up near the lodge."

Sam gulped as she took a breath realizing they would have to go there if they wanted to get Mike's truck again.

"Okay. Are you okay to go up there again?" Sam asked Mike as she looked at him. He shrugged and took a breath.

"What else can we do?" Mike asked. Sam agreed and the two set on going back up to the lodge.

~~~~~~~

"I don't know Ash, why don't we just ask them?" Chris suggested.

Ashley huffed at him. "Why would we do that?"

Chris stuttered along as he took a breath. "I don't know. I just- I just wish everything was normal again." Chris confessed.

Ashley nodded as she agreed. "I know. But it wouldn't hurt to just ask when we're gonna see each other again."

"Ash, it's only been a few days since we were at the lodge, and the last time we saw everyone was an hour ago." Chris said.

Ashley sighed. "I guess you're right. But what do you suggest is a normal thing for us to get back to?" Ashley asked.

Chris sighed. "I don't know. Get back to school? Life?" Chris suggested.

Ashley thought for a moment. "Yeah I guess that wouldn't be a bad start." Chris nodded as he sat down on the couch. "You have to get back there soon don't you?"

"Yeah soon. We graduate in May." Ashley replied.

Chris yawned while he put his arms out. "That sounds good then. I guess I'll need to get a job then since we need some money." Chris said.

Ashley nodded as she looked at her schedule from school on her laptop.

"It feels like its been forever since I went to school." Ashley said.

Chris looked over to her. "What do you mean?"

"I don't know, it'll just be weird." Ashley said. Chris nodded as he agreed. "It'll take some getting used to." He said.

"Why don't we go get some lunch?" Ashley suggested. Chris nodded and stood up until he winced at the pain from his ankle and fell back down onto the couch.

Ashley quickly walked towards him and put her hand on his shoulder. "Or we could just do take out."

Chris smiled and put his hand on Ashley's as he agreed.

~~~~~~~

"Two please." Sam said as she stood in front of the booth. Mike sat down on the bench for the bus as Sam took the tickets and joined him.

"How long is it going to take to even get there?" Mike asked.

Sam shrugged. "I'm not sure. Maybe an hour, if we're lucky." Mike chuckled to himself.

"Lucky. Maybe luck will be on our side since we left that mountain." He took a breath.

He would never admit it but he was terrified. He looked to Sam and saw how calm she looked.

She was just as scared as him, but neither of them knew just how horrified the other was. Mike curled his fingers up and down and Sam would occasionally bounce her leg. Like it was bouncing to a rhythm.