8. Leaving

Matt and Jess had heard the commotion outside and Matt had gotten up to see what had happened.

He was met with Mike's icy gaze and Emily trying to calm him down. Matt could assume that it wasn't working very well.

"What happened?" Emily looked up at Matt and shook her head with her teeth clenched as a way for Matt not to talk about it, but Mike already heard him.

"Sam's in there- with Josh." Mike explained as he curled his fingers at a faster pace then he had before.

"Oh. He's awake? He's okay I mean?" Matt questioned.

"He's not about to be." "Micheal." Emily stood as she left Mike to talk to Matt.

"He told me earlier today that he has or had feelings for Sam. I'm not sure how he feels now. Right now I think he's in there telling Sam how he feels." Emily explained.

She looked behind her at Mike who had his hands underneath his chin while he was staring at the door in front of him.

"Why is that such a bad thing?" Matt asked innocently.

"I'm not sure, but I'm assuming it's because something happened between Sam and Mike. He hasn't told me anything but out of his reaction to this, that's the only thing I have that could explain why he's so mad." Emily explained.

Matt looked behind her and saw a seriously pissed off Mike still not taking his eyes off the door.

"What the fuck is taking so long?" He whispered to himself.

Just loud enough so Emily and Matt could hear him. Mike took a breath and stood up with his arms folded.

Matt looked back at Emily with a nervous look. She turned around to Mike saying, "Mike maybe you should sit down."

"Emily. I don't need- to sit down." Mike said with an almost too calm voice. Mike started walking down the hallway and then came back up to the door.

Emily sighed as she walked back to Matt. "I'm sure he'll be okay, but he's not in the best state right now." Emily said.

Matt nodded in agreement. "Yeah I get it. But he can't just go in there and punch Josh if something doesn't go his way."

Emily nodded as she put her fingernail in her mouth and looked at Mike pacing angrily.

"He won't." Emily said.

"You sure?" Matt questioned.

Before Emily could answer, Josh's door opened and out came Sam with wide eyes.

She took a breath and then shut her eyes.

She opened them and saw Matt and Emily in the hallway with Mike.

"I- hey guys." Sam greeted awkwardly. The two greeted her with head nods and then watched as Mike came back pacing towards the door.

As he saw Sam, all the anger had left his face and his arms dropped to his sides.

"Hey. What'd he want to talk about?" Mike asked, acting clueless. Sam looked back at Emily and Matt and put a hand on Mike's arm to guide him down the hallway and away from everyone else.

"Shit. Well I guess we'll find out after they're done talking." Emily replied as she looked back at Matt.

~~~~~~~

Sam and Mike went to sit in the reception area to talk as they looked for anyone following them.

No one did.

Sam sighed and adjusted herself in her chair as she looked at Mike. He had his legs crossed while he sat and looked back at Sam.

"Josh, he- he wanted to talk to me about- well I don't know. He wanted to tell me that he, liked me. And I didn't even know what to say to him. Well I mean I did but-." Sam stopped herself and then took a deep breath.