38. Memories

"Ten minutes you said?" Mike asked Sam. Asking her again how long it would take to get to the mall.

"Yeah." She said with a yawn. "Do you think we could drive around for a bit? I'm exhausted." Sam said to him.

Mike chuckled and then nodded to her. "Sure thing babe." His eyes widened as he finished his sentence.

"What?" She said to him, lifting her head up from the window and looked up at him.

"Nothing." He said quickly. She laughed quietly to herself and then looked down at her lap.

"It's fine Mike. I just wasn't expecting it." She said to him, putting her head back on the window. "And what now?" He asked her.

"I am expecting it." She said to him, looking at him with a smirk on her face. He smiled back at her and then looked back at the road as he drove.

"How long do you want to take a nap for?" He asked her.

"Not too long. We need to go back soon and shopping might take a while. Just drive there and then park the car and wake me up in a few minutes." She said as she put her hand under her head.

"Alright will do." He said to her. He waited for her to respond for a minute and then glanced at her for a second, seeing that she was already asleep.

He smiled and then backed out of the hotel parking lot and went on his way.

His mind again started to wander off to the past with he and Sam. First to high school again when they had gone to the football game when they met Matt for the first time. And Emily.

Senior Year. Last football game

"Hey man thanks for coming." Josh had said to Mike as he arrived at the field. "Yeah of course. I wouldn't miss it for the world..." he trailed off.

"Anyone else here?" He asked quickly. Josh sighed and then looked around the field and saw Chris and Ashley which Mike had been introduced to a little bit before Sam. He had known Chris but only briefly from the third grade.

"Oh Beth is over there with her friends." He paused and then looked around some more and then pointed across the field on the fence surrounding the field.

"And there's Hannah and Sam over there. Jess and Emily should be coming here soon. They're car pooling. I can text you when they get here." Josh said to him. Mike waved him off as he started to walk away from him and around the fence towards Sam and Hannah.

Thinking back on it he realized why Hannah must've started to like him. Him being around her so much must've made her think that he liked her first.

When he got to Hannah and Sam, Hannah had given him some look that he was supposed to know but he had no idea what she was trying to tell him with it.

"Hey." He said to them both. Sam looked over at him and rolled her eyes at him. "Don't think we're friends now because Josh introduced us." Sam said to him.

He only looked off to the side and then he could hear Hannah talking to Sam.

"Sam, be nice please." She said to her quietly. Mike wouldn't have heard it if he wasn't trying to listen to them.

He had turned around and heard Sam scoff at him still being there.

"Hannah, you do realize who he is right? The class president popular boy? It's all just a front. He's a player. I don't see why you like him." She whispered to her.

Mike just sighed at her words and then leaned on the fence, checking out the game. There was an announcement saying that it was starting and Mike tried to watch to keep his mind off of what Sam had said.