32. Interior

"Hey man." Mike said to Matt. He closed the door behind him and crossed his arms, trying to warm himself up.

"Hey." Matt replied.

Mike let out a breath and it could be seen in the air in front of him. He smiled when he saw it and then looked over at Matt.

"I didn't know it was so cold out here." Mike said.

Matt nodded silently. Mike shifted his weight and then walked next to Matt, trying to get a look at his face but he couldn't see what Matt was thinking.

His expression was normal. It didn't show that he was mad or scared. But Mike knew he was trying not to talk about something.

"Are you alright man?" Mike asked him. Matt looked at him from the corner of his eye and then sighed and let out his breath in front of him.

It looked like he was smoking and letting out smoke that had been in his mouth. All of it came out like a cloud.

"Some weird shit is going on in there." Matt confessed.

Mike gave him a confused look and Matt just shook his head. "I saw something when I was down there. Getting those pills you guys had. It was so dark and cold. All the doors branching off from the hallway I was in, there were no lights on, there were only beeps from the heart monitors that I think were in there." Matt explained.

Mike nodded along with Matt's words and he waited for him to continue but Matt stopped himself from speaking.

"What is it?" Mike asked him.

Matt knew he shouldn't say. He knew Jess didn't want Mike and Sam knowing what he had seen. But he then remembered how they hadn't told him what was really going on and it had just come out anyway.

"I saw something else. I heard a noise and turned around and when I did I thought I saw someone or something in the hallway behind me. It moved really fast so I couldn't see it." Matt explained.

Mike put his hand on his chin and rubbed his stubble. "You think it could be a Wendigo?" Mike asked quickly.

Matt shrugged and then looked around the ground. "I'm not sure. But it just left me with this weird feeling. I didn't like it." Matt explained.

Mike nodded, agreeing that it wasn't exactly a good thing. Something weird was definitely going on.

"Come on. Let's get back inside." Mike said, putting his hand on Matt's shoulder which turned him around.

He nodded as he walked inside and Mike followed behind him.

~~~~~~~

Chris woke up about an hour after Josh had gone back to bed. It was around 8 o'clock as he stretched in bed. He groaned and then put his hand to his head.

He had a headache. He got up and then stumbled a bit from getting up too fast.

He steadied himself and then started to walk out of the room, trying to be quiet to not wake up Ashley.

He went to the stools near the kitchen counter and grabbed his coat off of one of them.

He dug in his coat pockets and then grabbed his aspirin he had taken with him.

He knew he would've needed it. He had needed it ever since they had gone to the hospital. The first few days he tried to ignore it.

But then he had gone to the pharmacy after he and Ashley had left the hospital.

He didn't bother grabbing a cup. He put the pill in his mouth and then cupped his hands underneath the water and got it out of his hands.

He had never been able to swallow pills without having a drink or something to wash it down with. He always felt like it was stuck in his throat if he didn't have anything to drink.