1. Alive

It's shrieks pierced the air. I'm breathing too loud. It's right next to me, I'm as good as dead.

Sam's thoughts pounded through her head as she thought of what to do while the Wendigo that had consumed the only memory of Hannah was standing right next to her.

It's toothy mouth, breathing into her ear. It screamed so loudly into her right ear.

All that could be hear was white noise. She shut her eyes tight for a moment. She felt the vibrations on the floor.

She slowly turned her head towards the direction of where it had been. It was gone.

Sam looked around to see she was the only one left in the building.

Well, the only one except Mike who could be found waiting by the door for her.

She ran as fast as she could for the switch, not even taking a second to look behind her.

She ran out the door and was blown back into the snow.

She quickly stood. Mike was the first by her side to help her up. She was starting to get her hearing back as she could faintly hear his words.

"Sam, Sam are you okay? Sam can you hear me?" He held tightly to her arm as she fell into his chest.

Her arms wrapped around him as tears began to form in her eyes.

They were alive. They had made it. Finally free of the mountain. With almost everyone to come back home with her.

Sam's hearing came back as she looked up at a helicopter landing near the group. She broke away from Mike, but he still held onto her arm so she could stand.

Mike looked at Sam and spoke, "Helicopter. You ready to get the fuck outta here?" He asked with a smile beginning to form on his face.

Sam chuckled and nodded to him as they both began slowly walking to the helicopter.

~~~~~~~

Everyone was taken into separate rooms.

Sam and Mike parted along with Chris, Ashley and Emily.

Sam was taken into a room and questioned. About Josh. The Wendigo. That Flamethrower dude. The words she was saying she couldn't even hear.

She said whatever she was thinking. They asked if she was okay.

"I'm fine."

She had to keep reminding herself that she was.

Fine. Alive.

"Alive for a start."

She chuckled to herself.

Thats what Mike has said. Mike. Where was he? Getting questioned like everyone else?

Off with Jessica? She shook her head.

It's no time to think about this, Sam. Get it together

Sam composed herself while she sat waiting in a chair.

What she was waiting for was unknown. But she had nothing else to do.

Sam hadn't even noticed that Chris had sat beside her.

When she looked up to see his face he smiled slightly.

"How're you doin?" He asked. Sam shrugged and then sat up in her chair.

"Can't complain. I mean we just escaped.. well death." She remarked. Chris chuckled to himself.

"That's true." Was all he could say.

There was silence for a moment. But neither of them knew how to break it.