24. Call

"Are you tired?" Sam asked.

Mike sighed and sat on Matt's bed as Sam tunneled under the blankets, shivering with fear still. He got a piece of her hair out of her face and put on the pillow next to her.

"A little." Mike lied. He was just as exhausted as her, but she couldn't see it. He wanted to make sure she could fall asleep before he did. To make sure she felt safe.

"So what you're just gonna sit there and be creepy?" She asked him.

He tapped his finger to his chin and looked up. Then he nodded at her.  She rolled her eyes and pulled the blankets up over her shoulders. "You cold?" He asked her.

"I'm fine." She said. He narrowed his eyes at her and she only smiled slightly at him.

Mike sighed again and got under the blankets. He still sat up and opened his arms as Sam just looked at him.

"Come on." He said to her. She again rolled her eyes but scooted towards him and put her head next to him.

He could feel just how cold her skin was just by her face being near his shirt.

"Christ Sam, are you alright?" He asked her.

No answer. He looked down at her to see her eyes closed with a slight smile still on her face.

As he examined her face, he realized just how naturally beautiful she was. He wasn't an expert on makeup or what everything was called, but he knew Sam didn't need much of it to look at beautiful as she did.

He wasn't even sure she wore anything. He hadn't seen her put anything on since they had gotten to the hotel. And he knew she didn't get anything back from the lodge except the clothes they were wearing.

He put his hand on her cheek and gently lifted her face up as he slid down underneath the covers himself.

He was exhausted. He wrapped his arm around the frozen Sam next to him and felt himself slowly drifting off.

~~~~~~~

Sam felt herself shake as she woke up. She was freezing. Her tiredness had overcome her fear, but now it was in full affect.

Sam's breath hitched in her throat as she started to gasp for breath.

She looked over at Mike to see him still sleeping.

She sat up and tried to control her breathing as best as she could without making too much noise.

She quickly got up and walked outside into the hallway, closing the door behind her and slid down against it.

She started to cry quietly as her thoughts surrounded her. Thoughts of the lodge again and again replaying in her head.

She wished they would just stop. She knew Mike had the same issue, but he was more vocal about it. She tried her best to hide it from him so he wouldn't worry. But she knew he already was worried.

She sighed and thought if he would even want to know. To help her. She knew he did want to help but she wasn't sure if he knew how to help.

It was very complicated to her. What to do. What not to do. What she should say and what she should leave out.

She had no idea.

She felt the door start to open behind her as she almost fell onto the floor.

She looked up to see Mike rubbing his eyes sleepily and then look down at her.

"What's up?" Mike asked as he sat down next to her.

"Did I wake you up?" Sam asked him, trying to avoid his question.