7. Visitors

"Mike?" Sam walked inside her room as she saw Mike still laying in the same spot he had been in.

He moved slightly after Sam had called his name. "Mike!" She whispered louder. He flinched and then slowly lifted his head to look in front of him.

He saw the empty bed and brought his hand back to him. He looked around and then got up as he turned around.

He almost walked into Sam and then he caught himself. "Whoa." Mike blurted out as he stumbled back.

"Sam. What- where were you?" Mike asked.

Sam smiled as she held out the mug she had gotten Mike.

"Getting coffee."

Mike chuckled as he grabbed the mug. "And.. what was the actual reason?" Mike asked as he took a sip of coffee.

"I don't know. A walk I guess. I wasn't sleeping well last night." Sam admitted.

"Why didn't you wake me up?"

"What's the point of waking you up? We just both wouldn't have been able to sleep."

Mike nodded. "True, true."

Sam smiled at him as he looked down and then back up at her with a smile forming on his face as well.

"What?" He asked. "Nothing." Sam's smile faded.

"When I went out there, Ash told me that- that Josh was awake. He can't talk because of burns. He doesn't even remember what we did."

Mike's eyes widened a bit as he shook his head. "Em's in there with him right now." Sam said.

Mike shot her a confused look now. "What? Em? Why- why is she in there?" Mike questioned.

Sam shrugged. "We should go in there and see how he's doing." Sam suggested. Mike nodded and then went to walk to his room but was stopped.

"I never said we had to go right now. Let's just finish the coffee first." Sam said as she motioned for Mike to sit down.

"Right, right. Of course." Mike said as the two sat down together.

~~~~~~~

"How'd that happen?"

Emily sighed as she leaned back into the bed once again. "Him and Jess were down in those mines. They helped each other out I guess. Plus I could tell he didn't want to be with me anymore if he even did in the first place."

Josh looked away from Emily for a second and then sighed.

"I'm sorry Em." He wrote.

"Thanks." Was all Emily could manage to say in response.

She sat back up and then turned to look at Josh.

"I'm pretty sure Mike and Sam are a thing now too. Or at least something's going on." Emily explained.

She looked away and then back at Josh to see the hurt expression on his face.

"You think they're together?" He wrote down.

"Well I'm not sure but from what I saw, they went through some shit too." Emily replied.

Josh nodded as he set his notepad down and leaned back.

"Why don't you just ask her when she's around?" Emily suggested. Josh tilted his head.

"Maybe." Emily felt bad as she looked at Josh's pad and then back at him.