22. Plan

Sam sat on the couch which she and Mike had already put back together while Matt went back into his room to think. Or at least that's what he had told them.

She and Mike had sat there together in silence. Not knowing what to say or do.

They were both a bit guilty since they had already known what was going on before Chris and Ashley had been attacked.

Sam took in a deep breath, getting Mike's attention.

"You okay?" He asked her. She nodded slowly, looking at her fingers.

"I don't know what to do." She said to him.

"Well none of us do. That's the whole reason we're all freaking out." Mike replied.

Sam chuckled at his remark and then looked over at him.

"Maybe we should just go up there." Sam said while her smile faded.

Mike gave Sam a confused look as she finished her sentence.

"I thought you didn't want to go up to that shithole again?" He questioned.

It was more of a statement then it was a question. Even Sam herself didn't know. She didn't want to go back up there but they didn't have much of a choice.

Either they kill the Wendigos or the Wendigos kill them. The first option was more appealing to her and she assumed the same applied for everyone else.

"We don't have any choice." She finally said to him.

Mike took a breath in and nodded to her.

"Well we can't just go up there alone and without a plan. But we can't exactly just go up there and say 'oh hey guys remember us? Yeah we're back to kill you, come here'."

Sam laughed at Mike's words and he stayed smiling at her.

The two were silent for a moment, just looking at each other with smiles on their faces.

They didn't say anything, they were just looking  at each other. Mike went to open his mouth and say something but Matt walked outside Jess's room and shook his head as he sat down.

"She's just in there. Eating breakfast. I can't tell her. It would break her. We can't tell her." Matt emphasized.

Sam and Mike both nodded to him as he took another breath and nodded to them, heading to his room.

"He's gonna lose it before anyone else does." Mike said once he was sure Matt was out of earshot.

Sam nodded as she stood up.

"Yeah. But I get it. He's just scared he can't protect himself. Or Jess anymore. He probably can't lie to her and say everything is okay and that she's safe when she's not." Sam explained.

Mike nodded and stood.

"I feel like shit." He said randomly. Sam looked over to him, worry filling her expression.

"What? Y- you okay?" She asked him.

He smiled and put his hand on her shoulder.

It was his three fingered hand. She could feel the difference now. She still had to double take whenever she looked at it.

She wasn't sure she'd get used to it but then again, neither was Mike. Everytime he tried to grab something it would slip out of his grasp.

Using his phone was hard for him too since it would always lean back in his hand.

He would never tell anyone about his struggles. He knew he would be able to get over it in time.

He smiled down to her. "I meant, shitty because Matt has to deal with this all on his own. And Jess, I mean there really isn't anything I can do for her but- I don't know." He explained.