2. Hospital

Mike shook his head.

"How? How could he be alive? And the tooth that guy was talking about.. does that mean he was turning into a Wendigo? Was he eating that guy that died?" Chris asked.

Mike shook his head. "No. No way. I saw him. He was dragged away, screaming. There's no way."

Sam cut in. "There's only one way to find out. We go to that hospital. Which actually wouldn't be the worst idea since- since we're all in bad shape right now."

Everyone nodded as they looked at their injuries. Mike curled the three fingers he had left on his hand as he winced slightly at the pain.

Chris's ankle, Ashley's black eye, Emily's knee. Matt seemed to be okay besides some bruises and cuts along with Sam. Jess really needed the hospital.

"Yeah that doesn't sound like a bad idea." Chris said.

Ashley held onto Chris's arm to help him outside. Matt did the same with Jess as Emily still had her arms crossed and walked out by herself.

Sam stood by herself as she watched everyone go out before her as she held the door open.

Mike was the last out as Sam followed close behind him.

Mike looked behind him quickly as he saw Sam walking further behind him.

Mike slowed down as Sam caught up with him.

"Hey." Mike said. Sam looked up at him. "Hey."

"Sorry I left there for a little." Mike said.

"It's alright. I mean we all thought Jessica was dead and when you figured out she wasn't, of course you wanted to spend some time with her." Sam explained.

She looked down at her sneakers in the snow as they walked.

"Yeah. We both thought she was dead. And now that she's alive.." Mike trailed off.

Sam looked up at Mike again. "What?" Mike shook his head.

"I don't know." He replied.

Mike looked in front of him to see Matt and Jess walking together. He remembered how he had run after her. Faster then he had ever ran.

"What do you mean you don't know?" Sam asked him. She kept looking ahead as she rarely looked at Mike.

"I don't know." Mike repeated.

He looked at Sam as he thought to himself.

Matt was down there with her while I was with Sam. Trying to save everyone. I spent more time with Sam tonight then I ever had. And I wasn't even trying to fake anything in front of her. I didn't have time to with everything that was going on.

Sam walked closer to Mike as he fell silent.

"How's your fingers?" Sam asked. Mike chuckled as he held them out for Sam to look at.

"It's weird not having them, but I can probably find a way around it. It'll get some getting used to." He explained.

"I could help you." Sam said.

She quickly widened her eyes as she figured out what  she had said.

"I mean- if you wanted me to." Sam corrected.

Mike wore a knowing smile as he spoke. "Yeah, yeah that sounds good." Mike said as he turned away.

Sam looked down at her feet once again.

"Hey guys! We're here!" Chris called out to the group.

Mike and Sam exchanged looks as they both walked faster towards the rest of the group.