Jerome (JeromeASF)

Dashing back to our spawn, I rushed past Rob who opened his mouth to speak but I ignored him and ran where I saw Vikk last.

Glancing around the area I ran straight, hearing footsteps coming my way I didn't pay attention until someone bashed into my side, causing both of us to tumble down the path.

Snapping my head to see the figure, his tail wrapped around me, pulling me off of himself giving me a chance to look at him, noticing him as Preston.

"Preston I am so sorry about what I said earlier I just blurted it out and it wasn't ok.." I apologized immediately making him tense, glancing at me weirdly.

"Hey Preston you ok?" I questioned trying to spot any injuries on his body.

"Yeah I'm....*Flinches* I'm fine..." He tries to assure but I glared at him, stil doubtful.

"Where's Vikk?" I questioned suprised when Vikk popped out of the shrubbery along the path, eyes widening when he saw Preston dangling me in the air with his tail.

"I'm right here, why what's up?" He wondered worry showing clearly on his face.

"I think Preston's injured." I stated bluntly earning a growl from Preston.

"You're hurt?!?!?" Vikk panicked dashing up to him, placing a hand on his cheek.

"I'm fine! I... *Shivers* Just don't feel right, something isn't right here..." Preston snapped at us, Vikk backing up I leaned away, still dangling in the air.

Realizing he was still holding me, he lowered his tail gently to the ground, uncurling his tail from my waist flinching after he let go of me.....Something definitely was up...

"Vikk help Preston." I ordered and he obeyed, placing Preston's arm over his shoulder earning a growl from Preston again.

"Guys honestly I'm...I'm...." He choked out, going limp. Lunging towards him, I grabbed his other arm as he collapsed. His eyelids closing...

"WHAT'S WRONG WITH PRESTON?!?" Vikk screamed probably earning attention from the others.

"Vikk go warn the others I got him!" I barked and he whipped around, looking at me as if I were insane.

"Are you sure?!?" Vikk asked doubt written all over his face.

"GO VIKK I GOT IT COVERED JUST TELL THEM TO GET THE FIRST AID READY!!!" I snapped and he turned around, breaking into a sprint down the path immediately.

Swooping Preston up I rushed down the path not far behind. Looking at Preston I panicked going faster as his face paled...It always looked like he was wearing blush and he was always tanned.

Now.....Now he looked like he was dead....Deadly pale.... Tears pricking my eyes as he inhaled, his breath shaky. My feet picked up pace going even quicker than I was before

My feet flying past the ground, touching it only for a quick second before jumping back into the air. Preston's chest rising qickly, he scruched his eyebrows moaning.

Tears pricking my eyes, I shook Preston a bit as I ran, trying to keep him awake for now..His chest rising and falling rapidly I realied he was hyperventilating. Slowing down to a walking pace so he could catch his breath.

His chest stopped completely for a second causing my eyes to widen, but it picked back up again and I continued my sprint to camp. Vikk's shouts echoed around the area notifying me I was almost there...

Hang in there Preston..... Tears flowing down my face as Preston's chest rised and fell slower and slower, almost barely noticeable now....

Breaking past the trees, Mitch zoomed past me a first aid kit in his hands and I followed him, Vikk, Lachlan and Rob on our trail.

Swooping into the tent Mitch rushed into I placed Preston down on the mat that was there.. Rob grabbing his hand, Vikk and Lachlan stepped outside not wanting to disturb while I stayed by the entrance...

Mitch immediately checked out Preston, seeing if there were any injuries that were noticeable and started looking for any notifications of anything wrong. Mitch's eyes widened realizing what it was and grabbed

a stethoscope (Whatever the thing is where it kind of looks like earplugs.. and you put it on their hearts can't remember right now --__--) planting it on his chest, his eyes shutting when he found out the results.

Tears flowing down his cheeks he looked at Rob, then turned his attention to me.. Tension building in my stomach when he shook his head, looking back down at Preston...

"He's practically gone..." Mitch whispered his voice hoarse.

"Oh my..." Rob choked out bursting into sobs, cupping his hands on his face, tears splashing down his face.

"W-We can still save him right?" I whimpered earning a look from Mitch.

"I don't have the materials I need to heal him..." Mitch confessed looking down ashamed.

"But he can still be saved correct?" Rob asked.

"O-Only if he fights it on his own...." Mitch cried out breaking down. I rushed out of the tent not wanting to believe he was mostly gone I bumped into Lachlan who was holding Vikk.

"I'm sorry guys." I apologized trying to walk away but Lachlan held me back, holding my wrist.

"Jerome...What's happening with Preston?" Lachlan whispered looking at me pleadingly

"He....Oh lachy" I sobbed as he pulled me into a hug right beside Vikk.

"Is he going to be alright?" Vikk whimpered and I lowered my head, shaking as tears splashed onto the ground.

"Not likely...He has to fight it on his own and so far... He's dying..." I explained in a whisper earning teary eyes from both of them..

I don't think he's going to make it....

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I kind of feel like this is my fault Preston is dying....Hmm... I really feel bad Gummy Bears but this is some good drama!

I will be honest, it was supposed to be Lachlan who was supposed to get a heart attack by the beautiful place he showed Jerome last chapter

But I decided Preston would be injured and NO, he does not have a heart attack but something else that I shall not spoil.

Hueh Hueh Hueh! Anyways that was all I wanted to say Gummy Bears! Thanks so much for all your support, really appreciate the appreciation....Wait... That didn't make sense....Did it?

No I think it did....Anywho! I thank you by giving you a pretty lengthy chapter in my opinion..Happy birthday to me ;) (Yes it's actually my birthday)

And wish you all the best day/ night/ dawn/dusk/ no idea what else and hope you all the best Gummy Bears!

Sincerely, MisfortunateMC :)

P.S: Sorry for not putting picture I will do that later just to eager to publish this. <3