Preston

My vision blurring as my blood splattered against the ground, mixing with the red in the flames shouts were drowned out by the roaring of the fire.

Preparing to let go when I tensed..Hearing a voice I didn't want to hear in this extreme fire....Rob...Immediately snapping my eyes open energy surged through me 

as Rob's voice called my name, yelling, asking to know if I was ok I lifted my head...A figure glaring at me before walking in a full circle scanning the area for something.

Lifting my arm as pain shot through me I ignored the agony, needing to get Rob to safety....I was fine in a fire...Rob wasn't...Rob could die...

The thought making me panick even more adrenaline coursed through me and I whipped my hands in back of me, pushing myself off the ground I spread my wings...The fire rushing out of the way quickly

feeding off the oxygen I created bursting into bigger flames far away from the figure...His brown eyes locking with mine my eyes widened as I realized it was Rob...

Coughing he stumbled towards me, low on oxygen as the smoke cut through his lungs I rushed towards him, my vision blurry I snatched his hand as soon as he was in reach.

Bringing him to my chest I leapt off of the ground, curling my wings so they were shielded around Rob whenever the flames came near...Gaining altitude so the oxygen was more fresh and not

coated with intoxicated smoke as much Rob wrapped his arms around my shoulder, resting his head in the crook of my neck I dropped a few feet, my wings shaking I regained altitude..

Fear at the pit of my stomach...What if I dropped Rob....If the height didn't kill him the fire would...Terrified of the idea I flipped over so we were in a laying position, Rob facing the sky while I face the fire.

"Preston?!?!" Rob squeaked out, choking as he tried to speak.

"Yeah it's me, don't worry Rob...We'll get out of here alive.....At least I hope..." I murmured..Seeing an opening I dove down, taking the risk the flames searing my eyes the red blinding me

I folded my wings not being able to see anything Rob's yells rang in my ears as I reched my arms out desperately trying to find him until I felt a hand catch mine.

Immediately knowing it was Rob I pulled him towards my chest, enveloping him in my wings as we plummeted towards the ground, no idea where we would land...

The pressure smacking against my back I screeched as my back slammed into the ground, my tail stabbing my left leg I screeched. Rob blocking his ears he whimpered as the flames flickered around us..

"PRESTON ARE YOU OK!?!?!" Rob yelped shaking my shoulders as we lay together..Taking a peek I unfolded my wings, making sure we were safe as I saw small flames surrounding us the large

forest fire a little bit away, probably twenty meters...Sniffing the air, smoke coated the oxygen leaving Rob and me with lack of oxygen...Opening my heavy weighted eyelids I glanced around, my vision fuzzy.

"We need to get you out of here..." I mumbled my eyes scanning the area again looking for anywhere to exit this hellfire...(I had to it sounded awesome!)

Intertwining my fingers with Rob I dodged burning embers, my right wing casting over Rob as he walked beside me, the fire brushing over my wings as Rob walked safely underneath like a tunnel...

Green catching my eye I whipped around to see an opening to the non burnt side of the forest. Wrapping my arms around Rob bridal style I flew towards the opening that was quickly closing...

Tucking in my wings I shot through before the fire could reach me or Rob, crashing into the green grass with Rob he fell out of my grasp.

Tumbling down the hill beside me he gasped, fresh air entering his lungs as the smoke slowly started to fade the farther we rollled away from it...

"Preston?" Rob questioned snapping the silence in half I smiled, looking at him.

"Yeah Rob?" I replied curious for what he had to say..

"Thanks for saving me..." Rob thanked sheepishly both of us gazing into each others eyes. His lips seeming to come closer towards me as we leaned towards each other not noticing.

"No problem Rob...Anything for you..." I promised and he smiled, smashing his lips onto mine, my eyes widened shocked at the sudden movement but soon relaxed and started to kiss..

His lips soft I pressed mine against his, wrapping my tail around him as my wings lifted curled ending up looking like a heart shape as the smoke cleared showing an orange/ yellow sunset...

Pulling away for air we looked at each other, each of us not knowing what to say..Each of us speechless...Trying to find words I opened my mouth to speak but Rob got to it first.

"I love you Preston..." Rob cooed making tears prick at my eyes I looked away, concern immediately replacing the happy expression Rob had on before...

"Preston what's wrong?" Rob questioned brushing away a tear that was cascading down my cheek..Jerome liked me, but not loved me...

"I....I was alone for so long and....Well no one ever told me they loved me..." I whimpered staring at the grass ashamed as more tears spilled out of my eyes, my wings folding so they weren't a bother...

"Hey....For what it's worth....I love you..." Rob confessed grabbing my waist and pulling me into his lap as we stared at the sunset the silence enjoyful.

"You mean it Rob?" I questioned gazing into his eyes, hope swimming across my mind as he nodded his head opening his mouth to speak but scrunched his eyebrows, waiting for me to interrupt but I never did..

"Promise.." Rob assured and I smiled leaning my head onto his shoulder as the sun slowly faded from our view, the moon peeking over the horizon

"I love you too Rob...More than you know..." I whispered as I leaned to the side towards him as he leaned in as well..Breaking whatever space that was between it...His sweet, soft lips dancing with mine

I smiled, pulling away for air we layed down comfortably, our legs tangled together I rested my head on his chest, listening to his steady heart beat as the moon rose into the sky, night taking over..

Everything was....Perfect....Peaceful...

=================================================================================

OH MY GOSH THE #POOFLESS DOE!!! THAT WAS DRAMATIC YET ADORABLE!!! FANGIRL MOMENT ACHIEVED!!!

A little bit more adventurous and dramatic than the other two but I really wanna know..Which ship out of these last three chapters did you enjoy?

I really wanna know! PLease!! I fan!! But anyways one that note I want to say, thank you for the reads, votes and comments..Really appreciate this! A lot!

Wish you the greatest rest of the day or night and hope you Gummy Bears all the absolute very best and..Yeah! Love you all!

Sincerely, MisfortunateMC