Lachlan

The wind rustling through my blonde hair I stared down at Vikk, worry and concern etched across his face, understanding filled his eyes as he stared at Rob, nobody else.

My attention drawing towards Rob I stared at him as he struggled to break free from Jerome's grasp. Trying to race to where Preston's voice was yelling.

Feeling the need to check it out I glanced down at Vikk, all my worries washing away as soon as I saw his beautiful face staring at me.

"We should send someone to scout.." I ordered earning confusement from everyone mostly Rob as he stopped struggling completely to stare at me as if I was mental.

"Rob we need you here in case Preston comes here and needs assurance, if you go now...He may be defending us, sounded like there was another mob for sure."  Mitch piped up and Rob sighed

Admitting defeat as he stared at us all, it was sad yet true...The fire was still roaring far away where Preston's shouts came from, Jerome couldn't go or his fur would be set on fire.

Mitch needed to tend to Vikk, both of them uncapable to withstand the smoke, Rob might actually have to leave..It was either me or him...

"Well we need Rob here, Jerome's fur will burn in the fire, Mitch needs to tend to Vikk, Vikk is obviously injured, I guess I have to go.." I announced knowing I was the only one capable.

"Are you serious Lachy?!?!" Jerome blurted out his eyes wide as he stared at me, no one else could go in the fire anyways!!

"Guys!! Think about it, Lachlan has a point, we need Rob here in case Preston comes back, Lachlan is a great scout..He'll find Preston in no time!" Mitch piped up only paying attention to Vikk.

My eyes locking with Vikk a small smile crept onto his face making my heart melt into liquid as his brown eyes glimmered against the sun.

Slithering my hand towards Vikk I intertwined our fingers, a smile dancing across our lips he nodded at me encouragingly and I stood up, ready to leave.

"Lachlan, if you need to breathe, get out of there...Preston would be heart broken if you died because you were looking for him." Jerome ordered and I nodded.

Taking a good look at them all I dashed off, dust trailing behind me as I ran up the hill and out of sight, regret sloshing around in my stomach as I thought of how I left Vikk.

Syncing my footsteps with my breathing the screeches became louder and more clear, Preston's voice yelling in the bunch I looked upwards to see fire being thrown in opposite directions in the sky.

Smoke burning my eyes I looked down, backing away immediately as smoke layed thick covering the air I backtracked remembering what Jerome had said.

Preston's yells turned into a shriek as huge shadows cast over me hiding the sun. Snapping my head upwards my jaw dropped as I saw four demons circling the sky...Three attacking the fourth one...

I don't have a good feeling about this..