Preston

I slowed myself down so that Jerome could catch up and he did. I risked a glance at him to see the pack of humans a little further behind and one had a gun out.

I looked ahead to see a tree knowing it was to late to dodge it I lunged at it the impact snapping it in half as it fell and the humans froze for a second before jumping over the tree and continuing.

I hissed in frustration looking at poor petrified Jerome again and front flipped over him grabbing his shoulders as I spread my wings lifting us both into the air gaining speed.

Gunshots were heard and I screamed as one ripped through my shoulder causing me to drop Jerome. He looked at me eyes wide his hand outreached as he fell.

"JEROME!!!!" I screamed diving down towards him.

Another gunshot echoed across the field when I saw one of the humans pulling the gun away from one of the others.

I gasped trying to breathe as the bullet ripped through mywing lodging itself into my blood stream. I screamed in pain as my blood withered it away and my skin regrew filling in the hole that was just left

by the bullet. Jerome screamed and I dove down reaching for him where I flipped our positions at the last second so that I took the brunt of the impact.

My eyes snapped open as I hit the ground implanting a crater in the sweet, soft ground and the humans came to look at us.

I hissed at the one with the gun...Why did he seem so familiar?...I wrapped my tail around Jerome and pulled him closer to myself growling at them.

Jerome hid in my chest as my bangs hid one of my eyes.The one in the red hoodie who shot me walked closer to us reaching his hand out causing the red around my eyes to disappear.

I looked at them all, still holding Jerome to my chest protectively. He took a peek at the humans but quickly hid back underneath my wing when he saw how many there were.

I snapped at the one in the blue shirt and black hair, baring my fangs at them standing up so I was as tall as them.

My heart slowed down making me panic knowing I needed to recharge when the one in a blue hoodie bent down with the gun I snapped my head towards him gazing at him threatiningly.

He slowly placed it on the ground and smiled at me waving. I stalked towards him with Jerome trailing afraid behind me when I grabbed his hand looking at it.

I slapped his hand and shook it around wondering why it looked so similar to mine while he simply stared straight ahead emotionless.

An itch in my nose began and I turned around covering my nostrils with my elbow as I sneezed setting myself on fire.

"OH MY GOD ROB BACK UP!!!!" One of them yelled.

I looked around to see the blue hoodied one who was now panicking..I could see it in his eyes...I extinguished the flames and continued holding his hand when fire spread to his cheeks.

Was he part demon too? I heard a click sound behind me and saw the one in a red hoodie and blonde hair wrestling with the one in the blue shirt with the gun.

The blue one yanked it away and aimed the gun at Jerome carefully, his knees shaking his aim terrible. He sighed blowing out air and pulled the trigger.

I ripped my hand away from the blue hoodied one and jumped in front of Jerome making it hit my chest. My eyes widened as it pulled open my skin lodging into my vein.

I fell to the ground Jerome yelped and I heard shouts, Jerome's silhouette was shady and he was shaking me but I didn't feel it, I felt numb...

I gasped as my wings folded and my chest started pumping really quick knowing this heal was going to be painful.

I screamed as my wither poison in my blood stream coursed through rushing towards the bullet disintegrating it in second touching my intestines causing me to scream loudly.

My skin stretched out and pulled towards the middle of my chest sealng the hole tha was in my chest mere moments ago.

I opened my eyes to see Jerome whimpering beside me his eyes closed...asleep.. The blue hoodied human walked towards me and bent down, putting his head on my chest to see if I was breathing.

I felt my chest start to move and he looked at me eyes wide but I merely banged my head backwards into the grass not caring.

What was he going to do anyways?.....