Jerome

Blurring past someone my eyes darted around, searching for any sign if any of my friends were there...My heart dropping when the image of Preston on fire, looking lifeless...

He's a demon Jerome...He'll be alright.... My paw steps rushing against the ground I sniffed the air, his scent blocked out by a new one that smelled, closer...

Bolting towards the scent I bashed into someone, snapping my head upwards I saw Rob...Panick searing through me I grabbed him, looking for a way to escape but he pulled away.

"JEROME!! WHERE'S PRESTON?!?!" Rob demanded staying in one spot as the fire swirled around us, red and grey the only things I saw besides Rob right in front of me.

"I don't know!!!" I cried out whimpering, my ears perking up as a voice called coming closer and my heart dropped into my stomach...Eyes widening as Mitch's voice rang in my ears.

"GUYS ARE YOU HERE!?!?! PLEASE COME HERE I.......THERE'S FIRE EVERYWHERE!!!!" Mitch yelled his voice sounding close.

"Was that Mitch?!?!" Rob asked worried and I nodded anxious to get to him...

"Rob you try finding Preston, if he is in the flames wait until the flames go low...Then you reach to grab him as quick as possible!!" I ordered earning a confused look from Rob.

"But where are you going I don-" Rob tried but I shut him up, interrupting.

"I'M GOING TO GET MITCH!!!" I snapped rushing off weaving in and out of the flaming trees, my fur smoking from the heat my vision went fuzzy as a figure appeared and I knew it was Mitch...

The figure crying, his body shaking I dove in between his legs, plopping him onto my back I dashed down the trail, the fire closing in on us I yelped as I stepped on an ember.

My vision going fuzzy Mitch grabbed tufts of fur on my shoulders, anxious as I leapt over a shooting flame, burning my stomach a searing pain went through me as I glanced upwards

To make sure Mitch was still on my back...I needed him to live...I couldn't imagine a world without him...The smoke intoxicating my lungs I gasped, my vision blurred as I saw a spot

where the fire wouldn't be able to spread...The river...My paws practically flying down the path now my stomach shot with pain whenever I took a step...I needed Mitch safe though...

Using my last boost of energy I leapt out of the fire, plunging into the water immediately soothing my stomach as the current flowed us down stream..Mitch letting go of me we floated along side

each other...Our pants the only thing heard as the air became more and more clear as we floated peacefully down river.....My mind purely focused on Mitch right now.

"You....You saved me..." Mitch breathed out shocked..

"Of course Biggums..." I assured earning a deep shade of red to flash across Mitch's face, the current pushing us left I grabbed his hand gently, leading him out of the river where the current stopped...

"But why?...You said humans are cruel..." Mitch questioned and I turned away, not being able to face him as I said these five amazing words...

"Because I love you Mitch..." I confessed risking a glance at Mitch to see his face emotionless, a blush purely shown on his face..

Tears pricking my eyes I slowly started to sit up when he tackled me, slamming my back to the ground he smashed his lips onto mine, our lips connecting breaking the space between us

fireworks exploded in my ears as a ticklish feeling entered my stomach like butterflies, our lips were like they were made for each other...Perfect....Just like Mitch.... (AWWWW <3 MEROME!!!!)

Pulling away for air Mitch gazed into my eyes, a smile stuck on his lips as we locked eye contact. The silence of the forest was...Peaceful...

"I love you too Jerome..." Mitch replied and I beamed, leaning back towards him he leaned towards me...The sound of the rippling water the only thing that was heard as our lips connected...

Leaning away for air I gazed at him,  reaching my arm out by the river I cupped my hands as the water trickled into my paws and splashed it onto Mitch's face laughing at his reaction.

"Awww bae I thought we had something going...." Mitch whined and I laughed.

"We have love...." I responded seriously failing to set the mood as I cracked into a grin not being able to contain myself as Mitch cupped water, splashing it onto my face this time.

Squealing I smacked my hands towards my face, trying to wipe away the water on my fur when Mitch pressed me downwards so I was laying on my back, Mitch's eyes the only thing in my view.

"Promise?" Mitch questioned his eyes filling with hope and I nodded, kissing his lips gently before laying my head back on the ground gently, a smile dancing on both of our lips..

"Promise..." I agreed

================================================================================

AWWWWWW!!!! #MEROOOOOMMMEEE!!! That.....was adorable! The very best adorableness of Merome I ever wrote!!! Loved every second of writing it!!

Needed it!! Craved it!! Wrote it!!! There you go guys next up?....Take a guess....#POOFLESS!!!! YEAAAAHHHH!!!!

But anyways besides this adorable chapter thanks so much for the support! Really appreciate it! Hope you all the greatest rest of the day or night and wish you all the best!

Sincerel, MisfortunateMC