JeromeASF (Jerome)

Pacing around the room I kept stealing a glance at the brunette one with the red checkered cloth on his chest....What was that for?......Preston had one too but it was in tatters.....Maybe since they have no fur?

I shrugged it off not caring about why they were wearing cloths probably to impress their mates I guess. Breaking eye contact with the boy I seemed drawn to now gazing at poor Preston.

Making eye contact with me he tried to push himself up but gasped and fell back down in pain.....He almost killed himself.....For me..... Guilt consuming me I walked towards Preston breaking my pace across the ground.

"Hey Preston..." I mumbled and he looked up at me flinching when the boy cut off the white cloth close to his face.

"Yeah Jerome?" Preston whispered weakness radiating around him.

"Are you going to be ok?......I don't want to lose you...." I whimpered reaching for his hand and grabbing it gently binding it with my own hand.

"I'm pretty sure...I feel weak....But better.....A lot better than before......Didn't think a demon was worth saving for humans...." Preston wondered in a low voice.

"Preston?" I wondered looking up at him making eye contact.

"Yeah Biggums?" He whispered replying.

"Can they understand us?" I asked frightened.

"I think so I talked to one earlier and they understood me, I'm not sure they can understand you though..Why don't you try talking to him?" Preston mentioned pointing towards the boy wrapping up the white cloth in a ball.

"Ok....I'll try..." I mumbled and walked towards him.

"Hello bacca!" He chirped and I smiled standing up so I was the same height as him.

"Hello human." I greeted back and his mouth dropped open earning a laugh from Preston who was laying on the ground.

"Can you see his face Preston?" I asked

"UMMM YEAH WHAT? YOU NEVER HEARD DEMONS AND BACCAS TALK BEFORE?!?!" Preston joked throwing his hands in the air excited but painfully putting them back down.

"Errmm... Ummm...No?" He replied.

"Well what's your name?" I asked eagerly.

"M-My name?...My name is Mitch... Who.....Who else have you...eermm....talked to perhaps so I know I'm not crazy.." Mitch panicked introducing himself.

"THE BLONDEY!!!" Preston squealed and Mitch relaxed immediately knowing now he wasn't crazy.

"You mean Lachlan?" Mitch asked confused.

"Yeah I just forgot his name.....Are you guys evil?..." Preston questioned hissing the last part.

"Says the demon asking if were evil..yes....that's why we saved you.....Because were soooo evill." Mitch dragged on sarcastically earning a giggle from me and Preston.

Mitch chuckled and threw the white ball of cloth back into the red box thingy coontaining the items they used to help heal Preston....I really hope he wasn't lying about being nice....They could be evil.....Nobody knows...

Casting a glance at the boy whose eyes were boring into mine I smiled breaking eye contact and scooted back to Preston kneeling down and started playing with the little amount of fur on the top of his head... It was so soft....But it wasn't like fur.... Like thread....

"Hey ummm, Mitch is it?" Preston wondered.

"Yeah dood?" Mitch replied making eye contact with him.

"Thanks.....It means a lot.." Preston thanked and he smiled.

"No problem dood, anything for you guys..." Mitch welcomed and I smiled brightly.

"Will you guys kick us out after Preston is fully healed?" I wondered outloud slapping a paw over my mouth.

"No no, It's ok you can speak your mind..... Most of us won't mind you staying with us." Mitch inquired and I smiled relaxing again.

"Well I'm going to sleep here tonight with Preston if that's ok." I piped up and Mitch nodded understanding.

"Good night guys, I'll be back to check up on you guys later." Mitch mentioned and with that, he grabbed the red box and left.

I gazed at the door for a minute or two sighing hoping he would come back through the opening any time but it didn't happen....He was cu- I mean........Crap.....

Did I like Mitch?.....

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

####MMMMEEERRRROOOMMM!!!!! <33333333

Anyways gummy bears that is it for this chapter of How It All Began: The Pack

What I want to know though, is how do you like the book so far? Some people are telling me it's amazing while others are too busy waiting for the update to reply. ;)

So, hope you enjoy, hae a bunch of stuff planned for this book, and see you all next chapter... BYE BYE GUMMY BEARS!!

-MisfortunateMC :)