Chapter 92~ Give it you're all!

I stumbled back, my back colliding with the tree as I had just received a blow from the big guy with the club. I turned my head to the side spitting out blood that had risen from my throat. I looked back up towards Shikamaru, he seemed to be keeping his distance.

I've come to the conclusion that Tayuya controls the demon-like creatures with her flute. I assume Shikamaru has already figured that out, but due to his lack in close combat, we're at a stalemate.  

"Electric Style: Paralyzing Current." I sent a pulse of lightning down my arm as I ran towards the one towards the left. I sent a punch sending the electricity into what I assumed was their chakra system. 

I pulled my fist back, whipping around I rolled to the side. Narrowly avoiding the incoming attack of a large claw. I looked up at the creatures that towered over me. Catching sight of Tayuya who was caught in the possession of the shadows. I took a sigh of relief, catching my breath. 

"Shit she can still breath! Shikamaru watch out- AGH!" I shouted only to be thrown aside from the impact of a club to my side. I grunted as my back collided with the bark of a tree. I looked up seeing the creatures start walking towards the shadow user. The distance I had created would delay them for a few moments. 

I stumbled as my body collided with the ground, gathering chakra I made a quick hand sign. I closed my eyes and released the seal, reopening them to appear in front of Shikamaru who was still holding his jutsu. 

I let out a cough, feeling the blood rise from my throat. He raised a brow as I swallowed the blood that threatened to rise. 

"Yep. Fine, keep her busy." I muttered, taking in a deep breath. Steadying Midnight in my left hand and pushing off the branch to collide the hilt with the temple of the claw user. I whipped around feeling more intact with my surroundings as I had a visual of all the demons. My feet connected to the ground planted and ready to defend the incoming attacks.

My breathing became labored as I dodged and maneuvered to counterstrike the hits they threw. I was still able to throw some glances over at Shikamaru, who seemed to be struggling to maintain his jutsu. 

A club was swung at me, I ducked down, avoiding it narrowly. These freaks of nature were huge, and far stronger as much as I hate to admit it. I made some hand signs, if they were strong I'd have to combat them with speed and precision.  

"Lightning Style: Bolt." I muttered feeling a wave of electricity course through my body, enhancing my already inhumane speed. I jumped off the ground, Midnight grasped in my hand, slashing and piercing the demons. 

That's when I felt it. Vast amounts of chakra were coming towards us about seven hundred feet out. They were moving quickly and seemed to be heading in our direction.

Who else could Orochimaru possibly send at this point? I'm almost positive that there aren't too many other people that could pose a threat, not to mention it's coming from the direction of the village. 

I brought down the blade, connecting it with the shoulder of the claw bearing demon. He recoiled for a mere second before lashing out at me again, one of the metal claws slashed against my back, tearing through the skin. I could feel the crimson liquid running down my side, making a trail as it traveled further down my legs. My breath hitched as I regained my footing, feeling the broken ribs at this point. 

The chakra signature was coming closer only a few hundred feet out at this point. A smirk rose to my face as the chakra grew more familiar as it came closer. 

"One big hit, overload them." I whispered to myself, chakra beginning to flow through my body like the currents of electricity that were undoubtedly numbing most of the physical pain my body was enduring. Visible sparks of chakra began to come off from my chakra points. The static noise gaining the attention of the demons. 

"Lightning Style: Rewire."  I muttered finishing off a strand of hand signs as I dropped my blade and slammed my hands into the ground. Electricity began to feed off my body and into the ground. I could feel the energized chakra strands feed through the ground, three strands, one heading for each. I let out a sigh, blood dripping from the side of my mouth as I continued to pour everything I had into making this as strong as possible, whilst still controlling it like chakra strings. 

She was close to us now, I could sense her chakra clearly only about two hundred feet away. I nodded my head feeding more power as soon as my jutsu made contact with the demons. The three were getting closer to me, my jutsu began to invade their circulatory system. Taking in a sharp, pained breath, I had to execute this with precision. 

I had never done this on more than one target, the anatomy of these creatures is still unknown. They had chakra, and I can briefly sense a steady beat of the heart coming from each of them. I glanced back up to Shikamaru, seeing him continuing to strain against Tayuya. 

"A little more," Came from my mouth, my eyes fully closed and concentrating on the three ahead of me. I felt the last strand of concentrated chakra connecting to the veins. I released the pent up energy, my jutsu sending volts upon volts of condensed energy directly to their vital organ. 

Chakra left my system, it going through the strands that had been created. I nodded slowly, watching as the blonde-haired sand shinobi came through the tree line. I felt myself wobble, losing balance as I had released almost all of my remaining chakra. I was knocked off my feet when I felt one of the demons crumble before me, leaving the ground to quake. It was followed by two more minor disturbances in the ground. 

The world around me seemed to distort, as I felt a familiar warmth beside me. My vision darkened as I turmoiled against the sleep that seemed to welcome me. 

"I need... Keep... fighting." I struggled to push myself to my knees, using Midnight to drag my body so I was clutching the sword on my knees. 

"Not now Princess, get some rest. You did well."