Chapter 46~ Thoughts

"Wasn't that so awesome Kri-Chan?!" Naruto enthused, we had left the training grounds together. I wasn't quite sure why he insisted on walking with me, but I had no real reason to decline. "Rather impressive Naruto, but you mustn't let one accomplishment go to your head."

"I know that but it was so amazing, I can't wait to learn how to summon toads like that Pervy Sage!" He babbled like a toddler when they first learn to speak. I sighed and tucked a piece of brown hair behind my ear, continuing to listen to Naruto's pointless rambling.

I have yet to mention anything to Naruto, but I feel like we're being watched. I glanced briefly to the side, trying to see if anyone was there, but to my disarray nothing was notable.

"What do you think Kri-Chan?" Well shit, I wasn't paying attention to a single word Naruto had uttered. I was far too engrossed by the feeling of being tailed. "Sorry to be abrupt, but it had slipped my mind earlier that I had a meeting with the Hokage today."

"It's fine, catch ya around Kri-Chan!" Naruto waved as I darted towards the Hokage tower. I have my suspicions on who could be pursuing me, but I wanted to be sure. Once I was certain that I was far from the tree line I stopped moving. Chakra was coming closer, I concealed my chakra, hoping to throw the person off. But it seems they had noticed my decline and also stopped moving. I unsheathed Midnight and sprung into the air, successfully clearing a building and landing behind a rather tall person.

"Hey now, no need for swords!" An all to familiar voice rang through my years. I withdrawal Midnight, skillfully slipping it back into its hilt. "Why have you been following us?"

"Well actually I was only following you." He rubbed the back of his head sheepishly. "May I ask why?"

"You happened to pique my interest today." Jiraiya spoke casually, I scoffed and rolled my eyes at his choice of words. "I can see why Naruto calls you 'pervy sage'."

"No! Not like that!" He waved his hands frantically in front of his body. "I meant your abilities."

"Oh." I said blankly, placing a hand on my hip. I looked back at him, debating whether or not I should ask him a question. "Do you have any relation to Orochimaru?"

"Eh, pardon?" He exclaimed, confused on my rather abrupt question. "Simple, Orochimaru is a legendary Sabin of the leaf, I assume you were squad members at one point."

"Why the hell not, you seem trustable." Jiraiya smiled, leaning against the wall of some building. "Yes, he and I along with Tsunade were all students under Hiruzen Sarutobi."

"I see," I trailed off, looking at nothing in particular. "What about you? What's your relationship with Orochimaru."

"If you really want to know, come to the Hokage tower at noon tomorrow, I shall be explaining it to Hokage Sarutobi," I explained lightly, still having a mental war with myself. Was telling the Hokage really such a good idea, at this point I don't have much to lose.

"I'll take your offer into consideration," He waved, I smiled lightly. "But for now I must be on my merry way. There is research that needs to be conducted."

I sighed heavily, seems there was no evading the truth for too much longer. I looked up into the sky, it was dark, illuminated dimly by the stars. I could make out constellations, when I came across the lion I smiled.

"What's that one daddy?" I asked looking into the sky, laying on my back in a field of flowers. My father sat beside me, a smile set on across hip lips as he explained. "That's the lion constellation."

"It's pretty." I gawked, in my head, I connected the stars and could vaguely make out the shape of a lion. "It reminds me of you."

"Really?" I asked, trying to figure out how the stars could look like me. But could only make out the shape of the animal. "Not literally Kritanta, but spiritually."

"What's that mean?" I questioned, tearing my gaze off the stars and looking over at my father. "Well, you see lions are dangerous animals and extraordinary predators."

"That doesn't sound like me at all." I giggled, playing with his sword that lied on the ground. "Stop being so impatient child, I'm getting there."

"Then hurry up." I complained, causing father to laugh and pull me into his lap. Holding me close and tight, a safety blanket.

"While lions are lethal, they are also loyal and driven to protect those they love. While being gorgeous creatures they put others before their own safety. You see Kritanta, you've always wanted to help others out, but you are shut out by them. Outcasted if you will. But you are incredibly strong, and still think about their safety before your own. Lions and you are one in the same." Father explained, looking at me.

"That's understandable and all, but I think that I'm more like a wolf! Like Kyky and Kiki." I giggled, thinking of the two wolves I grew up around.

Little did little me know that the next day life would become a living hell. Losing practically everything I was meant to live for. I hadn't noticed that a single tear had run down my cheek until I placed my hand on my face. Wiping the stray tear away I turned on my heel and stalked into the night. The Stars guiding my way to my so-called home.