Chapter 61~ Early Mornings

"TANTA GET YOUR LAZY ASS UP!" Without wasting time I was out of bed and had a kunai to the throat that produced my alarm clock this morning. I let a sigh of relief wash over me once I recognized the bastard as Rin. "Must you wake me in that fashion?"

"Now that Sakura is no longer staying with us, I have to find some way to entertain myself." He shrugged as he pushed the sharp knife away with the palm of his hand. I rolled my eyes to his manner. "But was there a reason to wake me?"

"Actually yes, Naruto is leaving with the white-haired old man today." Rin placed a finger on his lip as he tried to think of the man. "Kakashi?"

"No the old one." He repeated himself and I threw him a look as I tied a ribbon around my neck, concealing the curse mark. "Must I repeat myself?"

"No I am talking the old one, the one that wears red all the time." Rin grew frustrated as he continued to give a description of Jiraiya. "I know I was just busting your balls. He leaves with Jiraiya today to try and find Jiraiya's comrade to become the next Hokage. I did some digging in the library the day Naruto had asked me to accompany them. I knew from previous encounters and Orochimaru that he and Jiraiya trained under Sarutobi as a squad. But there is another on their squad, one that I found to be quite secretive compared to the others on their squad. If I'm being quite honest I was only able to learn about her prior affiliation with the leaf. She's a very experienced medical-nin, according to what Risa had told me Tsunade is untouchable in the field of medicine. Her knowledge is well beyond her years. But in what I could find it she seemingly changed when an accident struck years ago. Now she spends her days drinking and gambling."

"Yeah not gonna lie," He started and took the knife from my hand and spun it around his fingers. "All of that went straight over my head."

"Honestly, you're a disgrace to the Astara name. Our people are turning in their graves from your ignorance." I muttered as I walked away from my brother and walked into the bathroom to get ready. I caught a glimpse of myself in the mirror as I passed by. A hint of a smirk found its way onto myself, and for some reason the thought made the smile grow even wider. "YEAH WELL, YOU DON'T FOLLOW THE THREE P's WHEN YOU EAT. YOU DON'T HAVE A PERFECTLY PROPORTIONAL PLATE TANTA!"

"Whatever Rin," I quickly shook the smile from my face as I braided my hair and changed into some loose sweats and a tight shirt. I emerged from the room and slipped on shoes and a jacket as I saw the sun. "I ought to hurry, I won't hear the end of it if I miss Naruto's leave."

"Yeah, yeah, tell the squirt I said Bye!" Rin shouted as I walked out the front door Kariliah, and for whatever reason Arrow decided to tag along as well. I bit my lip as Arrow explained what he had for breakfast and why he has a very particular meal every day, and how it enhances his humor.

"Hey Kri-Chan!" I looked to see a jittery Naruto. He had a bag slung on his back and his ridiculous smile that you rarely see him without. "Greetings Naruto."

"I thought you weren't going to see me leave." He rubbed the back of his head in a sheepish manner. I shook my head and crossed my arms. "I gave you my word I wouldn't miss your send-off."

"I know I know! I was, er, well you've been different lately so I wasn't sure what you would do." Was his response, which was abrupt to me and felt almost out of character for Naruto. "What do you mean I've been different."

"You've been super different, even Kakashi-senseil said the same thing." Naruto told me, his eyes seemingly gleaming as he started to speak. I cocked my head to the side and threw a glance at Karliah, this speaks of difference piquing my interest. "They are calling you a crack head Shorty. Your heads have been up in the clouds for wayyyyy to long short stack."

"You better watch how you're speaking to me fur bag." I snarled, baring my rather sharp teeth at the midnight colored wolf. "Ohhh feisty, I likeyyy."

"You've got issues fleabag." I shook my head, and returned my attention to Naruto. "Now what do you mean I've been different?"

"Well, you've been acting like cra-"

"C'mon Naruto, say goodbye to your pretty little friend and let's get a move on!" Jiraiya called out from just past the gates. "Yeah, Yeah coming Pervy Sage! Sorry, Kri-Chan I'd really love to talk, but I gotta run! I'll be back in a few weeks I think! Bye Kri-Chan!"

"Wait Na-" I called out, but he had already ran and caught up with the sanin. "He's already gone kid."

"I will send you into next week Arrow, don't get on my nerves now." I rolled my eyes, and I watched as Karliah let out a light chuckle. "Oh but princess I am merely getting started."

"Why did you come with us again?" I asked, trying to enlighten myself on why Arrow decided to grace us with his unwanted presence. "Because I wanted to go to the candy shop."

"Weren't you the one that was raving about their diet?" Karliah asked before I was able to respond. I turned to Arrow, quite curious to how he was going to answer. "True, but even I have my cheat days."

"Haven't you been on this diet for two days?" I countered his argument and he took a step back. "Maybe, but two cheat days out of my whole run isn't bad."

"Yeah, it's not bad when you've been on a diet for a much longer time." Karliah snickered as Arrow faked looking hurt by her jab at his pride. They continued bickering as we made our way to the small candy store that was near the library. But as we were almost there I stopped mid-step, and I felt something was off.

Somethings not right. I felt a huge impulse of chakra that seemed to hail from two origin points. They seemed vaguely familiar to people I had encountered during my days with Orochimaru.