Chapter 78~ Intel

I winced as Tsunade peeled the crimson soaked fabric off my shoulder. I was sat on her desk as she decided she would give me medical attention now. Her hands glided over my skin as I felt the releasing sensation starting to overcome the discomfort.

"Alright now tell me what happened? Kakashi said I'd probably want to talk to you about another incident as well." My mind wandered for a slight moment as I pondered over what she could mean. Shikamaru stood with his arms crossed, watching Tsunade, he cleared his throat and started talking. "As for the rescue mission we left the village and came across Arrow a few hours in."

"The black wolf right?" She asked, making sure she had made sense of the situation. "Yes, that is my brother's Guardian, like how Karliah is mine."

"I'm vaguely familiar with the Astarantu and your clan. I understand that much." She muttered as her hands moved to my wrist. "Well then you might know that guardians and their hosts share pain receptors. Leading me to believe that something had happened, which I was correct about."

"We set up a way for us to ambushed and followed Kritana's lead from there. Until she got herself knocked out." I scratched the back of my head as Shikamaru explained what went on. I nodded and pointed to the raised bruise on my forehead. "I may have provoked some unfriendly individuals. From there we were taken to what I believe was human trafficking and a bounty situation." 

"What makes you say that?" She quirked one of her brows, shifting her gaze to look me in the eyes. "Do you know of the Akatsuki?"

I watched her closely, looking at her body language as the organization rolled off of my tongue. Her body seemed to tense for a few moments before she relaxed.

"With a reaction like that one I'm going to assume that's a yes." She nodded slowly, looking between Shikamaru and I. Said genin also seemed kind of lost as to what was going on. "I have reason to believe that the Akatsuki are beginning to make themselves present. I have known of them for a few years, as Orochimaru had previously been semi-associated with the group. During my fight with Ataka, he had mentioned that he was working for them. I haven't exactly gotten all my facts with him straight however I feel the interrogation unit would aid the leaf in our education about the possible threat."

"You seem to know a lot, I assume you know about Naruto then?" She had a half-assed smirk on her face as I felt her press up against my thumb. It was a slight pain, but it soon dissolved. "Nobody has confirmed my thoughts but I have confirmed it through Jirayas actions. Naruto is the host of the nine-tailed fox?"  

"You are observant, Kakashi said to be aware of that." I let out a light laugh at Kakashi giving warning's about me. "I was also told you are one of the best, along with Shikamaru, with sharp minds that are comparable to jonin ranked ninja."

"Before we get off the subject I believe I know what Kakashi was talking about." I switched back to the information about the Akatsuki. "A little over a week ago we had a situation in the leaf. Two Akatsuki members had found themselves in the leaf looking for Naruto. If I had to guess I'd say they are after the tailed beast hosts, but I am still not sure for what reason. I had mentioned pain and it seemed to catch Kisame Hoshigaki off guard. Furthermore, I was able to tag him." 

"Tag him, what does that mean exactly?" I pulled out one of the kunai I had left in her office I showed her the hilt with my seal on it. "The Flying Rajinn jutsu by the second Hokage, however, I use the adapted version by the fourth Hokage. During the last moments of the battle, I was able to place a seal onto his back concealed by his own and my chakra."

"You're telling me you have access to him?" Her eyes seemed to widen as I explained what had happened. "Yes, so long as he hasn't figured it out I have an immediate link to him. But I fear the more time it's on him, the barrier around it will break or weaken. Not to mention the Sharingan could also possibly see it through the barrier. There are many factors but I'd say there is still a forty-six percent chance that the seal will work."

"Is this along the lines of what you and Asuma were talking about that one day?" Shikamaru raised his voice, he must be slightly confused with all of the talk going on. But I had no doubt that he was catching on to what was going on, he was smart I'll give him that. I thought back to when I had apologized to the jonin. "Yes, it had contained contents of the Akatsuki, but mostly my recklessness."

"Team 7 will be sent on a mission without Kakashi, you won't be sent." Tsunade changed the subject to me ragtag team of misfits. "Just the three of them, is Sasuke even in any condition to partake in a mission?"

"Yes, his arm has been healed and his body is in a stable condition. I'll give you some time off to heal up, but I'd like to talk to you again. Perhaps with Jiraiya and Kakashi as well." She continued on as she walked away from me, and moving towards her desk which was littered in paperwork. I nodded, understanding what she was saying. "You're dismissed, go check yourself into the hospital."

Shikamaru and I both left the office. The door closing behind us as we edited the large building. I took a moment to look over my condition. Then I glanced up to the sky, it was about mid afternoon.

"Hey are you coming? I'll walk you to the hospital." I looked over in the males direction. Quickly shaking my head and dismissing his proposal. "That won't be nessacary, I'll just patch myself up at home. None of my injuries require emergency treatment."

"Your going against Hokage orders." He quirked a brow, a small smirk on his face. I crossed my arms and rolled my eyes at the throught. "So it seems I am."

"At least allow me to walk you home?" I thought over the option for a few moments before nodding. "Sure."