Chapter 33~ Rin Astara

My eyes went wide, what did the proctor just say? I looked next to me, Haruno held a similar confused expression on her face.

"Astara-San did they just call your opponent an Astara?" She heard it too, it must not be my imagination playing some sort of sick game on me. Upon further realization I now felt chakra that was similar to my own.

"I think they did." I looked up at the monitor with names, they were the same clan name. I saw a figure move into the arena below, my eyes widening. I felt my hands become slightly clammy and almost sweaty like. I can feel my body shaking, in what? I myself am not to sure.

"Princess? Are you seeing this too?" I was only able to choke out a small inaudible answer so my nod would have to suffice. My gaze was fixated on the golden-eyed boy below me with a smile plastered onto his face.

I regained my grip, only to realise I was exerting a lot of chakra. Which led to all the higher-ups looking over at me. I rolled my eyes and jumped over the railing into the arena below.

My eyes were glued to the floor, not daring to look up.

Why out of all times would he show up?

Why not when I needed him the most?

Why not when I was unsure if I was supposed to have lived?

In front of me, another human being who held the the same blood as me, very similar in fact. Rin Astara, was quite the fighter for being his young age the last time we went at it.

His fighting style was just like fathers if I can recall correctly. However he was ten and I four when we last sparred, he could of changed completely.

I finally pulled myself out of my thoughts, but never looking up.

"Why do you smile?"

My voice was low, almost at a growling tone. I didn't raise my head, but my mind could imagine his old figure I grew up with. The way his smile lit up a room, and once made me feel safe.

"Whatever do you mean?"

"How can you talk like that!" I shot my head up, looking him dead in the eye unrealised tears streaming down my face. Was I crying? "Feel so carefree when everyone you loved and ever cared about is dead!"

"Tan-"

"No don't I don't want to hear your voice! Do you not understand the countless things i've done in the hopes to see you again! What am I saying, of course you don't you never bothered looking for me." My voice got quieter and quieter before I was simply whispering to myself. My eyes had wandered to all of those around us, I also noticed that Kakashi was back and staring at me with an interested look.

Karliah gave me a small reassuring nod in my direction. Naruto was grasping the railing. "Kick his ass Kri-Chan!"

I calmly and swiftly regained my composure and looked over to the proctor who was mid coughing fit. I wiped my hand across my face, the tears seizing as I nodded to the wheezing man.

"Alright then, on my count you'll begin."

I steadied myself and concentrated a decent amount of chakra to open with.

"1"

Rin seemed to give up talking and unsheathed his katana, he was using mothers. The blue hilt to the silver blade with blue crystals engraved into it.

"2"

I followed in suit and pulled out my silver bladed katana, the hilt being black. One I had named when I took orders from the ex-sanin, the Midnight Blade. My most trusted weapon I rarely go anywhere without it.

"3"

I looked him in the eyes, my gaze fixated and cold, quite the opposite to his soft one.

"Begin!"

We both lunged towards one another, our swords colliding. Metal scraping and clashing was the only sound, the audience captivated by the sibling rivalry.

My stored up chakra rushed into my blade, lightning surrounded the blade. If memory serves me, Rin is a water user in basic chakra. Just what I need.

He followed my actions and used his chakra to surround his blade in water. A competitive smirk crossed over my facial features. My golden orbs narrowing at his golden eyes.

I took a deep calming breath and scanned over the situation. In a logical manner this fight shouldn't be a struggle. However for whatever reason I can't seem to hit any of his vital organs.

I lunged at him again, he counted with a block to my sword, I swung my legs around and kicked him in the stomach. He went tumbling backwards colliding with the wall.

His reflex time is slow, to slow, he's holding back. An Astara's speed is a force to be reckoned with. Some dare say our speed can't be rivaled, unless against another clan member. His movements aren't slowed either, so he's not wearing training weights either.

My smirk became replaced with a scowl. I bore my eyes into his, an unpleasant expression on my face.

"You can't hold out on me forever." I stated my eyes never leaving his body, waiting for him to make some kind of attack against me.

"Could say the same to you, your kick there was entirely pitiful, and you've missed every opportunity to hit my jugular and heart which I left open." He explained, his voice level the entire time.

No I couldn't have missed them, they were to risky of a shot to take. If I missed I would have been in the primal position for him to attack me.

But I don't miss my targets, was I avoiding hitting him?