Chapter 49~ Monsters

"Shit, shit, shit, shit, I should have noticed this earlier. Damn it Kritanta." I scolded myself as I ran down the corridor, the intense feeling increasing as I passed another door. At the end of the hall, the feeling was different. It felt like high amounts of concentrated blood lust.

Without thinking of the possible outcomes I slid the door open with a great amount of force. A figure with red hair was standing over Rock Lee I believe his name was. But the sand surrounding the boy was a dead give away.

"Gaara of the Sand, as a leaf ninja I command you to step down. You're only here as a guest." I commanded, trying to bullshit my way through this had the highest chances of success.

"Must kill," I mentally flinched at his hard, raspy tone, but didn't let it show on the outside. "Killing people who can't even fight back is disgraceful, why don't you pick on someone your own size."

"Kill." He repeated his fist clenching in a ball. I reacted quickly and drew Midnight, ready for anything he could throw at me. However, I didn't calculate the possibility that he had a plan in my mind. He turned quickly and sent sand towards Lee. I ran as fast as I could to Lee's side, fully ready to take the hit head-on. But as my hands were in front of my face, waiting for the impact, nothing came. I opened my eyes, seeing Nara and Naruto standing in the doorway. Nara had his shadow Poseidon activated, I was mentally relieved. Nara has shot me look, which resembled a glare. Naruto solely waved at me and put his thumbs up.

"Gaara stop this! You don't want to do it!" Naruto yelled, his smile fading as he saw what Gaara was trying to do.

"Give up now, it's three against one, well let you leave in one piece if you leave now." Nara tried to negotiate, but it was false. According to Sakura, he disabled Lee to the point of limbs being shattered. He was trying to bluff his way through this as well.

"I'm a monster." His body was trembling, and I could tell that Nara was having a hard time keeping up his jutsu. I threw my sword, quickly releasing hand signs as it hit the wall. "Flying Rajinn."

I landed in a crouched position next to Naruto. I pulled my sword out of the wall ready to charge. "You don't know what a monster is."

"Yes I do!" Gaara screamed, his hands clasping around his head. "Didn't your parents teach you manners?!"

"I killed her," He laughed, but his voice was filled with insanity. I felt a shiver run down my spine. "I killed the women who birthed me! I thought love was when my father taught me how to kill shinobi, how the inner of a shinobi worked."

"You're still no monster compared to me, you should know first hand just what I'm capable of." I rolled up slowly, not daring to look at the two boys behind me. Not wanting to feel outcasted by the two. "Yet here we are today, you have loving siblings whom have stood by you. I survived for years on my own, enduring whatever he had to throw at me. I may no longer be his machine, but it doesn't dim the matter that I'm still a monster."

He gripped his head, shouting nonsense, I heard the door open. "Stop this! Leave it for the exams tommorow!"

"Guy-Sensei!" Naruto yelled, he looked almost relieved, I sighed and sheathed my sword giving the bird as I walked out. I made it out of the hospital with no complications, but life can't be just that easy. I felt the sensation rise in my neck, I slapped my hand over it. "Not now."

"Hey Kritanta!" I turned, seeing Nara ran out of the building. I let out a shallow breath, trying to control the curse. "Yes Nara?"

"Were you planning to take that hit?" He asked, coming to a stop in front of me. I cocked my head to the side slightly, allowing my hair to cover my neck. "I guess I was, it was a last-minute decision, I didn't calculate anything before deciding to rush in."

"You made Naruto worry, you should have seen his face." Nara concluded, but he bit his tongue at the end, was he planning on adding more? "If that's all I must get a move on."

"Actually-er never mind it's not that important, I'd just see Naruto if I were you, he was pretty freaked out." I nodded and gave a fake Salut before jumping off my feet and onto the nearest rooftop. I stayed still for a second overthinking my incredibly brash decision. That is highly unlike my self, along with the intention of taking the brutal attack. What was I thinking? Then the curse mark acting up, was it out of frustration? No, I don't think so, I have a bad feeling about tomorrow.