Chapter 41~ Strong

"Tell me how you're so strong Imoto?" His hands wrapped around my back pulling me into a warm embrace. Tears fell silently from my eyes, my mouth agape. "Life's thrown so much shit at you, yet you're here today and able to retell it."

"Wha-"

"You're strong, caring in you're own way and we're able to tough off your childhood. The world doesn't deserve someone like you. You are far too much for this world." He continued never letting me be able to voice my opinion. "Don't let your past be a setback, grow more from it. Don't hide behind a facade because you're afraid of a repeat. If anything,"

He proceeded to release me and stand up his hands on his hips. "You should get your ass up, put on some big girl pants, and scream to the world. I'M STILL FUCKING STANDING BITCHES!"

A laugh erupted from my throat, but came out as more of a hiccup, due to my crying. "Then! Proceed to that vermin of a snake and tell him! I AIN'T YO BITCH NO MORE!"

"As much as I would like to take your advice, I fear it would be way too out of character for a rather reserved person like me." It was like I had cast a thunderstorm upon whatever party he was throwing himself. "Really? The Tanta I remember wouldn't have thought twice about it. She would have screamed for the stars themselves to hear her."

"I'm afraid that was only the mind of a foolish little girl that I no longer am." I corrected his memory, he shook his head to the side. "Bullshit! You are still a little girl who deserves to experience carefree days."

"That sounds wonderful indeed, but I'm afraid that's not my reality. My path is chosen, I will fight until the bitter end. No matter how soon that end may be." I reiterated for him, "That kind of fantasy is only obtainable in stories for me."

"But you could be so much more than you can even fabricate, you just have to believe it yourself. I'm willing to help but you have to give the greater effort." He grabbed my hands in his and pulled me to my feet. I cocked my head to the side, he sure was energetic today. "I want you to see they're is far more in the world besides violence. People live happy lives, ninja makes sure of it. But ninja also protect fellow ninjas so they can also live happy lives. It's okay to be happy Kritanta it's a human emotion along with so many more! I love you so much Imoto, I just wish you could see these things for yourself."

"Rin, it's not plausible for me, don't you think I want to be capable of something on such level. I would give anything to understand why." He lets go of my hands and looks into my golden orbs, a smile playing onto his lips. "Eureka! Meet me back here during sunset, no coming back until then!"

He pushed me away before I had the chance to reject his offer, I really didn't want to come outside during such an hour, especially because of the full moon. But alas he didn't care for my pleas.

I rolled my tear-stained eyes and strolled back to the house. I was tackled by a brown wolf before I could make much progress.

"Where's Rinny Boy? Man do you look like something the cat dragged in." He laughed, I scoffed and easily pushed him off of me. "Pleasure to make your acquaintance as well Arrow."

"Puh-lease you're just annoyed, it's super hard to see. But I'm just so amazing that I happen to see it." I stood up, ridding myself of the dirt I had accumulated during the fall. "Arrow the admirable, how noble."

"See! Now you get me girly!" His lack of manners was certainly a change from the usual Karliah, Akari, and Kyler. But it was somehow pleasant, in other words, I didn't mind his attitude,  besides the fact that it clashes with mine.

"If you're looking for Rin you could probably find him at the old garden." I informed him, he shot me a wolfish grin before running off. I began to take another step before I stopped dead in my tracks.

Hold up! I laughed talking to Rin earlier. A smile graced my lips as I thought of my earlier conversation. I guess the leaf village is doing more for me than I thought.

I finally made it back to the house, but it was quiet, far too quiet for my liking.

"Karliah?" I called out but was given no response, there was also no chakra as far I could tell in the house. Seems it was just me. I entered my room and looked at myself in the mirror. My cheeks were tear-stained and slightly puffy, but my face held a smile. It was different, but I think I liked it.

I opened the flying rajinn scroll and scanned it for what felt like the millionth time, before discarding it to my nightstand. Using this technique should be able to limit the use of my top speed, therefore not losing oxygen, and slowing blood flow. Which could lead to blood clots and a rupture in my windpipe.

I sat up from the bed and slipped my shied back on, it was about an hour until sunset, so I should get a move on. I haven't been in contact with any of my wolves since this morning, which is highly unusual, to say the least.

I walked down the stairs and saw Kyler on the couch. "Oh there you are m'lady, I've been told to escort you to the wildflower field.

"Was this Rin's doing?" I question, walking closer to the dark brown wolf. "Indeed it is, he is something else."

"He sure doesn't act his age." I scoff before mounting the large wolf. "Maybe you just need to act less mature."

"Fat chance of that happening, it's how I've always lived." I rolled my eyes, we were dashing towards the field, upon our arrival was Rin wearing a blanket around his neck and holding a wooden spoon.

He bowed down in front of me and handed me the spoon. "You're requested in the castle princess, you mustn't forget your staff."

What the hell was going on here.