Chapter 29~ Distance

Sitting, staring, and avoiding all contact with my team has been me for the past three days. I sat in a tree watching as Naruto and Uchiha were catching fish in the river.

Haruno was trying to start a fire to cook the fish, which is entirely idiotic due to the fact that smoke will alert enemies. But I didn't do anything, I sat in a tree, clutching my knees.

"Naruto you're scaring the fish!" I watched blankly as the two genins fought for what felt like the hundredth time today. My gaze flickered back to Haruno who was cursing herself for not being able to start the fire.

I had a lot on my mind, and dealing with them wasn't the most appealing thing at the moment. I have two wolves to find, if my head was even in the right space. The whole Rin situation is just confusing the hell out of me.

The logical part of me says my head was playing tricks on me. Yet another part of me wants Rin to be alive. My hands shot to my head, pulling at the strands of my hair.

We had under a day left of this stupid fucking exam and I was on the verge of a breakdown. But I couldn't let my facade fall in front of everyone here, that would only show weakness. I regret letting Haruno see me in such a fragile state, she probably already thinks I'm weak.

I sighed, my hands hitting the wood I was sitting on. I sat and waited until I felt a certain someone approaching us. I clenched my hands together, why was he coming towards us.

"Hey, Kri-Chan! We're going to cook some fish, do you want some? It's going to be really good, believe it!" I made no efforts to respond, I was far too concentrated on the chakra signature approaching us.

If it was to end in a fight, we are at a disadvantage. He knows almost exactly how I fight, and can predict my reaction times. I felt a small shiver run down my spine as I thought back to a previous fight with Orochimaru, I had that to gain the upper hand. While that snake undoubtedly made me uneasy, and possibly scare me at times, I did have him to thank for at least making me less naive.

I unwrapped my tank top from my shoulder, seeing the gash was not pleasant in the least. It was healing, but most definitely had some sort of infection. I rolled my eyes and moved my shoulder around in a circle, testing how much mobility was in my shoulder.

"Don't do it Naruto are you crazy! We have strict instructions to not open the scroll!" Haruno's shouting had caught my attention. I could care less at this point, maybe if they'll open it we'll be disqualified. Then I can finally leave this village that had pitied me.

I was caught out of my trance as I chucked a kunai with my right hand towards a tree line. Out came the one man who I hated, almost more than Orochimaru.

"The hell do you want Kabuto!" I shouted from my spot, not making any attempts on moving. He smirked and pushed his glasses up when he saw me. "Well your fire is a huge set off for any person, just thought I come and try to see who it was."

I grumbled inaudible swears under my breath before I jumped from my tree. Landing on the ground I stomped my way over to Kabuto, my hand inching for the sword on my back. With every step I took, the more tense Kabuto became.

"You don't want to open the scroll by the way. The last person that did just vanished, never to be heard from again." I scoffed and unsheathe my Katana, a scowl dancing onto my face. "Hey! Thanks for the heads up Kabuto."

How naive can the damn Kyuubi get? Can't he read the atmosphere at the moment? "Get lost, you're not having the scroll."

"On the contrary, I was heading for the tower, I already have both of the scrolls I need." He was quick to respond, proving that he was persistent. He won't take no for a fucking answer. I turned to my so-called team, frustration clear on my face. "Do whatever the fuck you guys want, but don't include me in it."

I disappeared from view, biting my thumb as I ran it across the ground. I made a few hand signs before slamming my hands onto the ground. "Summoning Jutsu."

"How's it going, Princess? My, what happened to you?"

"Orochimaru happened," I spoke blankly, not in the mood for idle chit chat. I was going to follow after the idiots. I didn't want to, but I had no other choice. Without me looking out for them they would have been dead within the first day.

"I expressed my worries about going here without me, yet you disobeyed anyway." She consoled slightly, I scoffed in a playful manner. Much to Karliah's shock.

"Sometimes I really question who the summon is." 

"So I see the sarcastic side returns."

"Whatever do you mean?" I smirked and felt the four chakra signatures moving from the clearing. "I need you to find somethings for me."

"Anything for my Princess, what should it be?" She asked, her fur seemingly shining in the shade of the trees. I looked her dead in the eyes, my face becoming more hard with each passing second. "I need you to find wolves, they shouldn't be too far from here. Akari, and Kyler."

She seemed to process the information for a second before cocking her head towards me. "Princess, those were your parents Guardians."

"Of course I'm aware of that, I promise to explain everything after this horrid test," I grumbled, she seemed to understand that my motives should not be questioned. She brushed her fur against me one last time, before disappearing into the forest. But before she left she said one thing.

"Put a shirt on, you look exposed... And be safe."