Chapter 109~ Jonin

"So they've already made attempts to create this perfect world?" I shook my head at the Hokage. "They have suddenly been given missions by Pain to gather the tailed beast's host. Yugito was the first to be captured, I was able to free her for the time being. However, even with my efforts, it's unlikely they would let her leave so easily." 

"And you know what they are after." Her voice seemed the same, the tone never changing very much. But it had been that way since I entered her office. The chair squeaked as I leaned back into the uncomfortable seat. "Exactly, it's likely they are to speed up the process now that they know I defected." 

"Did they ever suspect you?" No, they didn't. But why can't I bring myself to say anything? The only person that seemed to suspect my situation would be Itachi. Letting out a breath I responded, "No I had them wrapped around my blade. Of course, they were cautious, especially Kisame Hoshigaiki after our battle in the village." 

This went back and forth as I exchanged all the information I knew. It was hard to get a read on Tsunade without seeing her. I managed to extract most of her emotions from the way she tapped her fingers against the desk and the slight change in pitch I would hear ever so often. 

 I told her everything I had learned during my time with the Akatsuki. Giving a detailed oral explanation of everyone I had met, including their affinity to the best of my ability. It had been about a week since the surgery and the recovery was going smoothly so far. My vision was slowly returning to me, but I could only handle about half an hour a day without the bandages to help my eyes. 

"This is happening quickly, Naruto and Jiraiya aren't even back yet." It was clear to see that this time she held frustration in her voice. "Is it really wise to bring them back? Their whereabouts are highly confidential, so the Akatsuki will take time trying to track him down. But I guess bringing them back might also be in your best interest." 

"You're speaking vaguely." 

"Right sorry, the chances of them finding within a two-month period is low. I took the liberty of calculating how long it took the Akatsuki to track them down. On average it took about two months to track down Yugito. With their accuracy being about 38% with all things considered. But if they were to follow the same procedure with finding Naruto would be about 18% which is a significant decrease in inefficiency." My explanation was cohesive and quick, but it wasn't foolproof. "Then why bring him back?" 

"That's the catch, every time I have calculated anything pertaining to Naruto I'm wrong." My fists balled as I recounted my prior predictions. "What I'm trying to say is that my instincts aren't wrong when combined with my statistics they are practically fate. Except when Naruto is in the equation, he's like a radical variable that isn't set. Or when the only outcome I see is presented, he goes and changes it." 

"I know what you mean," This time her voice was soft. Seems Naruto makes an impression on everybody he meets. But this places a whole pause on anything I can come up with. "Since I figured out that strategy rarely works with him, I usually just go in without one. He sure is an anomaly." 

"Anyway, how's the vision?" She changed the subject as I heard a breath fall out of her mouth. "Sakura told me that you were recovering quickly. Even up to half an hour without the bandages." 

"I can see more prominent shapes now, everything not so blurry. But I have a hard time distinguishing colors, even if they appear to be completely different." I could hear her hum in acknowledgment. "That should come with time, or it might be a side effect. It's hard to tell at this stage, will have a better gauge at the one-month mark." 

"What if we don't have that much time?" The looming threats seemed to be not so far off, and in this condition, I would be a hindrance. I wouldn't be much help in a group battle, but I could hold my own by myself and not think of others while fighting. Just like how I did while fighting Kakuzu and Hidan, yes I was slower than normal but I had never fought blind before. 

"Then we don't send you out." I snapped my head up, not exactly thrilled with what I had just heard. "That's not a viable option. Even blind I could do a lot more than most of the ninja the leaf have." 

"But your brain could also be useful in that situation. You don't need to lose your life if not needed." My hand connected to my thigh as I held my fist tightly. "Even if unordered I will end up on the front lines." 

"I don't doubt that, but it won't be my order that dictates that." I heard her get up from her chair, a bottle of liquid in her hands. "From this point on I'm appointing you to Jonin status. You'll be able to do a lot more with clearance." 

"Tsunade I-" 

"Nope no time for that, I owe you greatly for your services. This, quite frankly, is the least I can do." No words came to mind as she talked. "You won't need to run everything by me, I trust you completely Kritanta. It would be foolish of me not to award you accordingly." 

"I don't know what to say." 

"You have nothing to say to me, I've arranged a bit of a meeting for you." I felt multiple signatures outside of the door. My brain wandered as I thought about what she could mean. Some of the signatures were oddly familiar. "But you might want to say hi to them." 

As if on cue the door opened, and at the front of the herd were Sakura and Shikamaru. Behind them stood the original rookie 10, minus two. 

"I think its about time you got back on with your life Kritanta, you are only young once."