Chapter 11 ~Zabuza & Haku

"So the Astara returns." Zabuza said, I can easily tell that he is in pain. "Indeed I have."

"Well what do you want kid? We aren't exactly on the same side as you can see." He said with a slight cough. "My eyes are getting worse by the episode. Do you know anything of the Astara's jutsu."

"Can't say I do, kid, have you tried scrolls." He asked, it almost sounded as if he was concerned. However I doubt that was the case. "Hidden leaf was dry. Everything about it seemed to just be erased, like no one wanted to know about it."

"Yes the Astara was mighty powerful clan. Boarding the land of fire. Very reserved, however they were having a falling out the time of the massacre. Orchimaru must have used that to get the upper hand." Zabuza explained. "Thanks for the information anyway, I have a team, and I prefer they not know that I have connections with the enemy."

I nodded as I was about to leave. "It was nice to see you Zabuza, Haku. I will do my best to keep the fighting at a minimum, I will protect the leaf with my life. I hope it does not come down to that, until we meet again."

I rushed outside, meeting a snoring Karliah. I shook her gently to wake her up. "No time for sleep, we must get back quickly. Hopefully before the team suspects anything out of the ordinary."

"My apologies princess, back to the builders house as quick as possible." I rolled my eyes as I leaned back into the wolf's white fur. It was now late in the evening as I fell asleep ony guardians furry back.

~~~

"You really need to stop sleeping on me, Princess." I rolled my eyes as I walked into the house.

Everyone besides Naruto and Sauske was here. I guess there was still no sign of them. I sighed as Kakashi raised an eyebrow in my direction. "Where have you been."

"Cutting down another forest." His eyes narrowed at me, saying that I had gone to far. "Relax I was kidding."

He rolled his visible eye at me. I looked out the window to see that the sun was setting. But what I saw next made my eyes widen. "Princess, you must get to a dark area!"

Everyone seemed taken back by the suddenly loud barks, that echoed throughout the room. I frantically ran to the shared room of mine and Sakura's. I closed the curtains, trying to keep out the moon light at all costs. I noticed Karliah closing the door as she wrapped her fur around me. A sound knock interrupted my thoughts.

"Who's there." I said, I noticed my eyes were dripping blood. "Kakashi-Sensei and Sakura."

"What can I help you with?" I asked as the searing in my eyes became painful. I must have seen the moon for a mere second. "We just wanted to know if you were alright."

"Perfectly fine." I said through pained breaths. "Were coming in."

Shit. What the fuck do I do now? I looked away from the door, in case it bought any unwanted light into the room. The door slid open and quickly closed.

I slowly turned to face them, my eyes closed the entire time. "Why is blood in your face?"

"I guess hiding it now is undoubtedly regardless." I opened my eyes to reveal my blood shot, golden orbs. Blood was collecting in my inner corner. "But, do make yourselves useful and get me a towel."

"Right away." Haruno spoke with a hint of concern. She made her way out the door, accidently bumping Kakashi on the way out. "Spill."

"What?" I cocked my head to the side with a seemingly innocent look. "What's up with the eyes."

I rolled my eyes, which only made them hurt more. I flinched slightly, it was uncertain if Kakashi could tell or not. His demeanor seemed to relax as he approached me. "Clan stuff, in all honestly I don't even know."

"The moon was rising when your Wolf acted up." He examined as he seemingly searches my bloody eyes. Karliah noticed the tense atmosphere and let me sink into her soft fur. "Whenever the moon is full, my eyes become blood shot. If exposed to the light they start throbing and blood pours out of me eyes."

"How long has this been happening?" Concern? No, nobody should feel empathy for me. If only he knew what I have done. "I'd say only six months, it was before I was brought to the hidden leaf."

He nodded slightly as I felt Haruno's chakra gather at the door. I closed my eyes, only to hear the door open. Once I heard the creaking of the door again, it was safe to open my eyes. Haruno gave me the cloth with a sad smile. I thanked her in a whisper tone as I placed the cloth over my eyes. "Is there anything we can do."

"Yes actually, can you let me be alone." I asked running my fingers though the white wolf's fur.

I shifted in discomfort, awaiting there answers. "Just let us know if you need anything."

"Wait." I called out to what seemed like nothing. "Don't tell Naruto or Uchiha, this doesn't concern them as of right now."

"I won't tell them but if they ask I won't lie." Haruno, I hope, said as I heard the door slide close.

~~
I slowly sat up, the damp cloth falling into my lap as I did. It was stained with a crimson color. I felt my eyes to be met with more of the dried up blood.

Karliah was still fast asleep under me. I smiled as I rose to my feet and pushed the curtains back. It was morning and the sun was rising.